This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What gaming laptop would you recommend? Is it worth buying a gaming laptop?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What gaming laptop would you recommend? Is it worth buying a gaming laptop?

User Info: ManuKesna

ManuKesna
1 month ago#1
I dont really plan on game hardcore on the laptop, just play some games that are not available for PS4/Switch and maybe Overwatch since I had fun with that game but the support for the PC version is much better than for consoles.
Hi

User Info: ManuKesna

ManuKesna
1 month ago#2
Also, how does this laptop look?

www.magitech.pe/ laptop-hp-omen-15-ce002upg-intel-core-i7-7700 hq-2-8ghz-ram-16gb-hdd-1tb-ssd-256gb-video-4gb-gtx-1050 m-led-15-6-full-hd-windows-10.html

I have had a Toshiba Qosmio X505 for almost 10 years now and it has been pretty useful but is finally dying so I am looking for a new laptop.
Hi

User Info: Superemppu

Superemppu
1 month ago#3
Pros of gaming laptops compared to gaming desktops:

- They're easy to move around.

Cons of gaming laptops compared to gaming desktops:

- They're considerably more expensive
- Makes more noise
- Cannot be upgraded
- If one part fails, the whole thing is unusable
- Run hotter
- Worse performance
If brute force doesn't fix the problem, you're not using enough of it.

User Info: VainCur

VainCur
1 month ago#4
I personally love my gaming laptop, although mine is more of a mobile desktop with how heavy it is and the minuscule battery life. I mostly just bought mine personally because I've moved a bunch last year and figured it's easier to do it this way than have a full desktop. I own a rebranded Sager/clevo (https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01N4UDOV3?tag=ca-skim1x177818-20)
(message deleted)

User Info: 2DJunky

2DJunky
1 month ago#6
I personally have just a regular laptop not even a "gaming" one and it's already an overkill for all my favorite games and upcoming ones also! But OP...if you are only care about mainstream AAA games then just stick to consoles with all the other kids.
Dell Inspiron 15 5566 (15.6") / i3-7100U / 12GB RAM / 120GB SSD
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What gaming laptop would you recommend? Is it worth buying a gaming laptop?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived