This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

the 1 shining grace for W10 is DX12; unfortunately in late 2017 it still sucks

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. the 1 shining grace for W10 is DX12; unfortunately in late 2017 it still sucks

User Info: jjyiz28

jjyiz28
1 month ago#21
MasteroftheArts posted...
So DX12 is great, but it's hardly the main reason I upgraded to 10. Windows 10 is superior to 7 in just about every way. It's faster, more stable, and applications are more accessible with more shortcuts right out of the bat. Windows 7 used to bluescreen on memory-heavy applications a few times a week. Windows 10 hasn't bluescreened since 2015.

DX12 is struggling because a huge chunk of gamers are still on 7, and lazy developers who aren't bothering to move to 12 because they already understand 11 very well by this point. Adoption takes time.

seems like a PEBKAC issue if you are getting blue screen under W7. i haven't received a blue screen since .. i dunno

jjyiz28
1 month ago#22
Orestes417 posted...
jjyiz28 posted...
good_mangorush posted...
Funny how shills used to brag Dx12 as the sole reason to use win 10, now they change their narrative.

exactly this!!!! now its, what?? DX12 is not the reason i use W10 hurr durrr.. its not even in my top 20 list..

You might have a point if the people saying the first were the same people saying the second. As it is though you're just making yourself look dumb.

choice supportive bias is strong with these W10 sheeple. bbaahhhh.. lolzz

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
1 month ago#23
ITT: Sad, lonely people.

User Info: MasteroftheArts

MasteroftheArts
1 month ago#24
jjyiz28 posted...
MasteroftheArts posted...
So DX12 is great, but it's hardly the main reason I upgraded to 10. Windows 10 is superior to 7 in just about every way. It's faster, more stable, and applications are more accessible with more shortcuts right out of the bat. Windows 7 used to bluescreen on memory-heavy applications a few times a week. Windows 10 hasn't bluescreened since 2015.

DX12 is struggling because a huge chunk of gamers are still on 7, and lazy developers who aren't bothering to move to 12 because they already understand 11 very well by this point. Adoption takes time.

seems like a PEBKAC issue if you are getting blue screen under W7. i haven't received a blue screen since .. i dunno

Not really. blue screens really aren't much of a PEBKAC issue ever. The vast majority of them are the result of a driver issue, bad RAM, or a CPU heat issue. The remaining ones are memory faults inherent in the Windows install itself or just rot over time. Unless you're deleting drivers randomly or files in system32, you shouldn't be causing blue screens yourself.

It's not as if blue screens are uncommon with 7. I see them happen on business computers that are doing nothing but idling on the desktop.
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."

User Info: speedforce131

speedforce131
1 month ago#25
jjyiz28 posted...
good_mangorush posted...
Funny how shills used to brag Dx12 as the sole reason to use win 10, now they change their narrative.

exactly this!!!! now its, what?? DX12 is not the reason i use W10 hurr durrr.. its not even in my top 20 list..

It's not that people are changing their narrative. It's that developers are not doing a very good job with it causing the narrative to change.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
1 month ago#26
jjyiz28 posted...
Orestes417 posted...
jjyiz28 posted...
good_mangorush posted...

You might have a point if the people saying the first were the same people saying the second. As it is though you're just making yourself look dumb.

Maybe dumb was an overestimation?
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: Ciera

Ciera
1 month ago#27
>DX12 is the future! Only with Windows 10
>Get your Limited Time Free Upgrade(tm) now!!
>Nevermind, we're upgrading you anyways (LOL)
>What? You pressed Cancel on the Upgrade? I can't hear you!!

No, dumb was pretty on point. Half-wit gamers fell for it hook line and sinker.
I'll... shave that cat.

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
1 month ago#28
You guys take windows operating systems way to seriously, even Vista was fine after the updates.
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

jjyiz28
1 month ago#29
Orestes417 posted...
jjyiz28 posted...
Orestes417 posted...
jjyiz28 posted...
good_mangorush posted...

Maybe dumb was an overestimation?

good come back bruh.. MS took you for a ride, and your bias is too strong for your ego to admit it. a man can acknowledge his mistakes, obviously you arn't one. i don't debate w/boys, ciao

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
1 month ago#30
Cool_Dude667 posted...
You guys take windows operating systems way to seriously, even Vista was fine after the updates.

Vista is a really good OS with good hardware tho and looks super.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. the 1 shining grace for W10 is DX12; unfortunately in late 2017 it still sucks

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived