This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

AMD Ryzen 2 coming March 2018. Launch On 12nm. Hell yes : D

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AMD Ryzen 2 coming March 2018. Launch On 12nm. Hell yes : D

User Info: ritsuka66

ritsuka66
1 month ago#1
https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-2-set-march-2018-launch-12nm-support-higher-core-memory-clock-speeds/
Life....Hope...Dreams, What are these things? And where are they going? These things... I will destroy! -KEFKA -

User Info: Dorami

Dorami
1 month ago#2
...is said to...

It is very likely wild speculation, given the site on which this article is posted. Would be nice if true though.
"Systematically killing randomly generated lolis actually sounds okay, now that I think about it." - DesertWolfXII

User Info: xcmon3yx2

xcmon3yx2
1 month ago#3
will still be slower than an i7 from 3 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaaOiM_Sk560HEVNYpsA7Og
Check out my let's play channel

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
1 month ago#4
Will it reach ivy speeds finally?
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
1 month ago#5
Sweet, I've been waiting for this! RPCS3 improvements incoming!
Z97A | 4690k 4.6GHz | Hyper 212 Evo | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR3 | WDB 3TB |128GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | Acer G257HU | LG 27UD68 |

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
1 month ago#6
so its basically just going to be the same s*** with a little higher clock speed?
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
1 month ago#7
blacklabelice posted...
so its basically just going to be the same s*** with a little higher clock speed?

It's basically the same thing like with Skylake->Kaby Lake. The "real" Ryzen 2 will be released in 2019.

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
1 month ago#8
SinisterSlay posted...
Will it reach ivy speeds finally?

Pretty sure AMD already did that years ago. Whether or not they'll reach comparable IPC values and performance in single-threaded/cored gaming is a different matter.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
Osiris Sky Dragon 1 month ago#9
Hopefully there will be a somewhat significant improvement as AMD has stated the development of the first gen Ryzen we know was "a worst case scenario".

Source:
https://www.extremetech.com/computing/255155-amd-declares-ryzen-development-worst-case-scenario-looks-ahead-ryzen-2
"Welcome to brain damage"

User Info: MasteroftheArts

MasteroftheArts
1 month ago#10
AMD said that Ryzen is expected to last to 2020 at least. By that point, there will already be a new Intel architecture and a die size reduction.

AMD is not a leader in the CPU semiconductor business. They're a follower. AMD admits themselves that Intel has had complete control of the microprocessor market for many years and they will for the foreseeable future.
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AMD Ryzen 2 coming March 2018. Launch On 12nm. Hell yes : D

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived