This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My pc is getting bsod after power surge

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My pc is getting bsod after power surge

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#21
-Shinobier- posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
-Shinobier- posted...
Tried new mobo.. still the same.. I unplugged all devices and still the same..

So.. only thing that's left are psu, cpu and pc case itself..damn.. seriously.. wtf..

You try plugging it into a new surge protector? Could be as simple as that.

tried that.. :(

Did you take a look at the CPU at all, see anything that may be burnt or blown out?
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Rud3Bwoy

Rud3Bwoy
1 month ago#22
If I was you just do what I do go to micro center buy test return lmao
Glorious 4K Master Race
https://valid.x86.fr/n6zhcp Rig Specs

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#23
Rud3Bwoy posted...
If I was you just do what I do go to micro center buy test return lmao

I take it it will tell you exactly the problem?
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: -Shinobier-

-Shinobier-
1 month ago#24
I did buy mobo and ram.. returned ram.. I may return mobo as well since it didn't fix the problem. I had spare ssd but that didn't fix it either.. I unplugged devices besides main ssd, it didn't work either.. tried new surge protector, tried plug in onboard gpu.. all same result.. I don't know what to do anymore.. I never had problem this bad before.. if new psu doesn't fix it, it's maybe cpu but bsod I've got so far had mostly drivers or memory related issues.. I can't even install win10 and I get bsod midway of installing driver when I install win7. My cpu temp is normal, it doesn't freeze or hiccup. No black screen either.. I just get blue screen of death.

Maybe.. power surge or whatever just emp my whole rig and I need to replace everything.. I don't even know what to say because my pc was like this when I came back from the work.

Here are list of bsod I got when I tried to install win10. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, SYSTEM_SERVICE EXCEPTION, page fault in nonpaged area

As for win7, I successfully installed OS but I can't install any drivers because of bsod.

unknown bug 7e, parameters = 0xfffffffffc0000005,0xfffff800029008f0, 0xfffff88003f91498, 0xfffff88003f90cf0

stop: 0x0000001E (0ffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff80002A84A79, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000008)

so many more... *&@*#
I7 6700K | GTX 1080 TI | Oculus/Vive User

User Info: Rud3Bwoy

Rud3Bwoy
1 month ago#25
-Shinobier- posted...
I did buy mobo and ram.. returned ram.. I may return mobo as well since it didn't fix the problem. I had spare ssd but that didn't fix it either.. I unplugged devices besides main ssd, it didn't work either.. tried new surge protector, tried plug in onboard gpu.. all same result.. I don't know what to do anymore.. I never had problem this bad before.. if new psu doesn't fix it, it's maybe cpu but bsod I've got so far had mostly drivers or memory related issues.. I can't even install win10 and I get bsod midway of installing driver when I install win7. My cpu temp is normal, it doesn't freeze or hiccup. No black screen either.. I just get blue screen of death.

Maybe.. power surge or whatever just emp my whole rig and I need to replace everything.. I don't even know what to say because my pc was like this when I came back from the work.

Here are list of bsod I got when I tried to install win10. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, SYSTEM_SERVICE EXCEPTION, page fault in nonpaged area

As for win7, I successfully installed OS but I can't install any drivers because of bsod.

unknown bug 7e, parameters = 0xfffffffffc0000005,0xfffff800029008f0, 0xfffff88003f91498, 0xfffff88003f90cf0

stop: 0x0000001E (0ffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff80002A84A79, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000008)

so many more... *&@*#

If the psu don’t work turn off windows fast boot within windows and give it a shot just Incase
Glorious 4K Master Race
https://valid.x86.fr/n6zhcp Rig Specs
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My pc is getting bsod after power surge

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived