This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Geforce 1180 speculated to retail $700 USD using GDDR6 releasing May/June 2018

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Geforce 1180 speculated to retail $700 USD using GDDR6 releasing May/June 2018

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
1 month ago#11
Wow, wtf amd, this is all your fault.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: protools1983

protools1983
1 month ago#12
I only buy ti releases so not interested.
Glorious 4K PC Master Race
Gamefaqs PCH Discord channel: https://discord.gg/EmPEfdC

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 month ago#13
SinisterSlay posted...

1.) This is an ArcadeGuy thread, of course he provides no sources and if he DOES, they are shaky at best.

2.) If this is true, nothing is forcing you to upgrade - people seem to forget that if they exercise a little willpower and not buy s***, companies will take notice (look at the whole Battlefront 2 situation).
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

SinisterSlay
1 month ago#14
JKatarn posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

1.) This is an ArcadeGuy thread, of course he provides no sources and if he DOES, they are shaky at best.

2.) If this is true, nothing is forcing you to upgrade - people seem to forget that if they exercise a little willpower and not buy s***, companies will take notice (look at the whole Battlefront 2 situation).

If true, and it probably is. It creates the same situation as tablets.
So my Nexus 2012 was 250$ in 2012. Today, a tablet of the same power and running loliflop, is $250... High end went from $250 to $1000+. So every new generation isn't making older generations cheaper, it just keeps going up in price because competition is dead.
Video cards is happening again. My 970 was $400. So what can i get for $400cdn that's better than a 970? The 1060 is $349. But that's basically equivalent in power. The $1070 is $600.
So now in this future, is the 1160 going to be $450? Would i need to drop to the 1150 to reach 970 powers again? By then my 970 is as old as my Nexus, and having the same problem.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#15
SinisterSlay posted...

Isn't intel considering making GPUs? So hopefully some competition against Nvidia then.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: NEMESIS 00039

NEMESIS 00039
1 month ago#16
Which means the miners will make it cost more than 1000

SinisterSlay
1 month ago#17
captsplatter_1 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Isn't intel considering making GPUs? So hopefully some competition against Nvidia then.

I'm sure they'll be great competition to Qualcomm lol

User Info: King Pazuzu

King Pazuzu
1 month ago#18
ArcadeGuy posted...
The next-gen Nvidia Shield device will release in 2018 as well with Volta architecture, with an enhanced Nvidia/Google assistant with their AI tech.

And nobody will buy it.
In a 6 person hot tub, there should be a maximum of 3 guys.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
1 month ago#19
protools1983 posted...
I only buy ti releases so not interested.

+1
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 Tomahawk | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync
Nintendo Switch

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#20
NEMESIS 00039 posted...
Which means the miners will make it cost more than 1000

Not really, miners will stay away from it due to the high cost of the GPU. Especially when you need to buy multiple gpus for mining.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Geforce 1180 speculated to retail $700 USD using GDDR6 releasing May/June 2018

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived