This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Geforce 1180 speculated to retail $700 USD using GDDR6 releasing May/June 2018

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Geforce 1180 speculated to retail $700 USD using GDDR6 releasing May/June 2018

User Info: halomonkey1_3_5

halomonkey1_3_5
1 month ago#21
TC thinks the 1180 will cost the same as the 1080 did when it launched? A truly shocking prediction
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest

User Info: Tekutso

Tekutso
1 month ago#22
TC worded his title like there was some kind of source on this, but there isn't. This is his own dip s*** prediction.
Nerd
Gamefaqs Finest

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
1 month ago#23
no source and nothing on google. is tc worthy of taking up an ignore slot?
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: Fony

Fony
1 month ago#24
ArcadeGuy posted...
loader963 posted...
ArcadeGuy posted...
GTX 1080 launched at $599.
1180 Ti will be a $1000 card.

The GTX 10 series is also Nvidia's highest selling and most successful series of all time, with a full 2 year retail span.

Wasn’t it 699 at launch then dropped when the Ti hit the market???

It launched at $599 and got reduced to $499 for the refresh.

It sold at 699 until the Ti was announced.
It's not the end of the world, but we can see it from here.

User Info: Boge

Boge
1 month ago#25
1170 will be $500. Ridiculous. I'll never upgrade from my 970 with these prices.
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.

User Info: BombermanGold

BombermanGold
1 month ago#26
Wonder if it'll be these high-as-hell prices that'll put a slump back into PC gaming... cause seriously, that's what they're aiming for now, right?
"I will be your superhero!!!"
STEAM ID: BombermanGOLDEN

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
1 month ago#27
1080 was $599 USD at launch. The Founders Edition was $699 but was limited.
1180 is rumored to retail $100 USD more while FE will be $800.
https://imgur.com/F10O4pK

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
1 month ago#28
blacklabelice posted...

To be fair, TC is most likely in the ballpark.

1. Timeframe can be deduced by the past events. Nvidia announces most of their next gen GPUs @ the timeframe of GTC/SV in march. 2-3 months later the cards tend to launch (at least on paper). So basically the new Volta-GPU will most likely be released in the timeframe of may-july 2018.

2. The price can be guessed by looking at the MSRPS of the last few gens. With the a few exceptions every other x80 was priced ~$50 higher. So the next 1180 will most likely be priced either @$600 or $650.

Since AMD is not really a competition right now, the 2 points could be a little bit altered. Nvidia can either psuh the card back and milk Pascal or they could be bolder in the pricing and put the 1180 @$700, since the higherend-users won't have an alternative.

User Info: Pitlord_Special

Pitlord_Special
1 month ago#29
Expected higher tbh. These aren’t toys for playing games anymore. They’re digital pickaxes with very real potential to make you loads of money.

It’s like how commercial software for business use costs hundreds of dollars. If you can make money using it, you’ll pay the higher price because it’s a business investment

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
1 month ago#30
blacklabelice posted...

This isn't on Google. It's posted from someone who works in the industry on Facebook set to private.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Geforce 1180 speculated to retail $700 USD using GDDR6 releasing May/June 2018

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived