This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What GPU you got and why you chose it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What GPU you got and why you chose it?

User Info: RainblowDash

RainblowDash
1 month ago#51
I wanted HBM2 and just love GPUs by Sapphire.
Ryzen 7 1700X - Sapphire RX Vega 64 - ASRock Fatal1ty X370
Samsung 960 EVO 500gb - G.Skill TridentZ RGB 16gb - Silverstone SX700 700W

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
1 month ago#52
1080ti because I tired of waiting for Vega (thank god too) and I wanted 4K60hz+.
Z97A | 4690k 4.6GHz | Hyper 212 Evo | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR3 | WDB 3TB |128GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | Acer G257HU | LG 27UD68 |

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#53
Sir_Haxor posted...
1080ti because I tired of waiting for Vega (thank god too) and I wanted 4K60hz+.

I heard you don't wait for anything, just build immediatly. I too didn't want to wait for the Vega cards so I got the 1080 (non TI) good thing too since I play at 1440p 60-100fps max settings.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Ilishe

Ilishe
1 month ago#54
GTX 950

It still meets my needs almost perfectly.
~Phoenix Nine~
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~

User Info: darkus_f

darkus_f
1 month ago#55
wantfastcars posted...
Intel Iris 5100

I chose it because I was moving to Japan and my options were either buying a craptop or taking my parents' old MBP. For general use it was an obvious choice, but it did mean giving up PC gaming almost entirely.

If you need something really portable maybe go for an Alienware alpha? Even the i3 model would be better than integrated graphics.

RX 570, will not be buying another GPU anytime soon, I didn't really need to upgrade from the 470 but my friend was really hurting for a GPU, so I sold it to him for cheap and got the 570.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

User Info: Spaced92

Spaced92
1 month ago#56
I still have a 970, I can't justify getting a better card yet especially considering only Warhammer would see notable improvements of the games I play.
Geforce GTX whatever, i7 something or rather, some sticks of ram, an SSD and a Hard Drive with stuff on it.

User Info: Biceptual

Biceptual
1 month ago#57
1080ti

Last year I was using 2x 7850s in crossfire. Was trying to wait for Vega but at that point I was just frustrated with waiting and got a Rx480 Sapphire Nitro. Which was a great card. Not top tier by any means but really was a step up. And I got it on a sale at like ~280 USD I think it was.

I was getting by on that for a good few solid months. But then Ethereum went f***ing crazy and eventually I just couldn't ignore that my GPU was in such high demand. Ended up selling it on ebay for about ~400 USD. And because I never had any anticipation that I would be selling my GPU for a profit after such a small about of time, I splurged for the 1080ti. Party because it was the best performer on the market, party because it was one of the cards where it's price was NOT affected by mining hardware hoarders.
Steam: Biceptual | Bnet: Biceptual#1627 | FC: 3179-6963-0491
Origin: Biceptual0 | Twitch: Biceptual0

User Info: WhyWontHeFall

WhyWontHeFall
1 month ago#58
Titan Xm

Why I choose it? Cuz I choose the best whenever I make a new build.

User Info: bluezero

bluezero
1 month ago#59
1070 because I wanted to jump to 1440p
http://i.imgur.com/VleHYd3.png
http://steamsigmaker.de/std/_bluezero_.png

User Info: CommunismFTW

CommunismFTW
1 month ago#60
RX 480 8GB

I wanted something under $200 to max out on 1080p above 30-40fps. I'm pleasantly surprised with it, though I need to upgrade kinda soon.
Since only from below can one better see the heights.
http://i.imgur.com/OhZgm.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What GPU you got and why you chose it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived