This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Comcast injects Javascript into your webpages

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Comcast injects Javascript into your webpages

User Info: Sonorous_Jon1S8

Sonorous_Jon1S8
1 month ago#11
darkus_f posted...
Ublock origin is an absolute must these days.

Especially with firefox f***ing up noscript. Thankfully ublock medium mode/umatrix exist.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
1 month ago#12
Orestes417 posted...
vlado_e posted...
Right, so you think it's fine for a third party to add whatever they want to pages you request?

Way to make an absurd generalization from a specific example.

The example is of a third party adding whatever they want to pages you request. You seem to be compliant with that. Which one of these is wrong?
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
1 month ago#13
Them injecting code into another web page should be illegal.

User Info: tearast

tearast
1 month ago#14
vlado_e posted...
Orestes417 posted...
the kneejerk s***

Right, so you think it's fine for a third party to add whatever they want to pages you request?

Yea, got a problem? It's a free market, you FREELY agreed to their ToS. How about you LEAVE if you don't like it?

vlado_e
1 month ago#15
tearast posted...
vlado_e posted...
Orestes417 posted...
the kneejerk s***

Yea, got a problem? It's a free market, you FREELY agreed to their ToS. How about you LEAVE if you don't like it?

Is it in the ToS? Feel free to link me to the appropriate section there. The support guy from Comcast quotes an RFC and it even seems their usage of their system does not fall within the requirements described there. Unless it's been changed, that is - it's after all, an RFC.

Can you confirm it follows the documentation strictly? I already think it desn't, but can you prove it conforms on all accounts?
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: PhazonReborn

PhazonReborn
1 month ago#16
darkus_f posted...
Ublock origin is an absolute must these days.

100% agreed
The Phazon you know and trust since 2004

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
1 month ago#17
vlado_e posted...
Orestes417 posted...
vlado_e posted...

The example is of a third party adding whatever they want to pages you request. You seem to be compliant with that. Which one of these is wrong?

Your ISP broadcasting service relevant messages in traffic over their system to customers through a documented mechanism is no different than a tv station dropping notices in a banner at the bottom of screen on the program you're watching.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: tearast

tearast
1 month ago#18
vlado_e posted...
tearast posted...
vlado_e posted...
Orestes417 posted...
the kneejerk s***

Is it in the ToS? Feel free to link me to the appropriate section there. The support guy from Comcast quotes an RFC and it even seems their usage of their system does not fall within the requirements described there. Unless it's been changed, that is - it's after all, an RFC.

Can you confirm it follows the documentation strictly? I already think it desn't, but can you prove it conforms on all accounts?

So... you haven't even read the ToS? Then why are you commentating on a topic you clearly have no knowledge of?

vlado_e
1 month ago#19
tearast posted...
vlado_e posted...
tearast posted...
vlado_e posted...
Orestes417 posted...
the kneejerk s***

So... you haven't even read the ToS? Then why are you commentating on a topic you clearly have no knowledge of?

So, you can't even prove that it's "fine", yet you comment saying that?

vlado_e
1 month ago#20
Orestes417 posted...
vlado_e posted...
Orestes417 posted...
vlado_e posted...

Your ISP broadcasting service relevant messages in traffic over their system to customers through a documented mechanism is no different than a tv station dropping notices in a banner at the bottom of screen on the program you're watching.

So...have you read the ToS or the RFC? Because there is documentation but I believe their usage of to not comply with it. Can you prove it was correct? You seem to be OK with it and yet I can't see any evidence why. The things you cite all seem like you don't even know how their system is supposed to operate. Alternatively you know and the documentation I've seen so far is wrong.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Comcast injects Javascript into your webpages

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived