This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DDR4 price is crazy...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. DDR4 price is crazy...

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#21
nuclearvomit posted...
I paid $120 for Cosair LPX DDR4-3200 2*4GB around blackfriday week.

I heard the prices are high and keep going up because everyone want's to crunch numbers for crypto currencies.

Oh ya the VRAM thing. Didn't think of that. Still smart phones is probably the biggest reason for the increase price more so than miners. But miners are not helping.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
1 month ago#22
-Shinobier- posted...
What happened?

Short answer: Smartphones.

Long answer: Smartphone RAM and and PC RAM are so similar that they're manufactured by the same people. Said manufacturers established that smartphone RAM is more profitable and is more in demand than PC (I personally know people with more RAM in their phones than laptops, and I generally know more people that own smartphones than PCs/Laptops, not to mention that upgrading phones is more common than changing laptops/upgrading RAM).
All of this led to RAM being low on production, and so when it came to be in demand (with people upgrading their RAM from DDR3 to DDR4 for newer mobos/CPUs), the low supply and high demand screwed the prices up real good.

I also recall reading that the RAM prices are somewhat cyclic through out the year nowadays. When big companies like Samsung and Apple bulk buy RAM to build their new phones, the RAM supplies go down, and thus the prices go up for average consumers. When they RAM manufacturers build up their inventory and have enough to sell, the prices go down.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 month ago#23
I feel like for these prices the modules should come in a box on a silk cushion with an engraved lifetime warranty. Oh, and delivered by a spokesmodel.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#24
JKatarn posted...
I feel like for these prices the modules should come in a box on a silk cushion with an engraved lifetime warranty. Oh, and delivered by a spokesmodel.

Ha ha.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
1 month ago#25
Hopefully by the time ryzen 2 is out prices will have stabilized a bit.

I am willing to wait until March, April but after that i am getting a new cpu no matter what.
I don't wanna pay more than $120 for 16gigs of ram(150 tops)

200 is just silly. It's more expensive than the bloody motherboard.
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

User Info: anonymous02135

anonymous02135
1 month ago#26
ddr4 is still going up which doesnt make much sense. people say alots of memory manufacturing goes to mobile? huh? can mobile memory fetch $100/8gb? $200/16gb? because that is what most ddr4 cost right now, $100 for 8gb and $200 for 16gb. and dd4 price still climbing. if not, then economic101 means manufacturing should shift to ddr4 memory. someone is doing price gauging....

User Info: anonymous02135

anonymous02135
1 month ago#27
SnakePlisken94 posted...
Hopefully by the time ryzen 2 is out prices will have stabilized a bit.

I am willing to wait until March, April but after that i am getting a new cpu no matter what.
I don't wanna pay more than $120 for 16gigs of ram(150 tops)

200 is just silly. It's more expensive than the bloody motherboard.

what you said doesnt make sense. if ddr4 stay this high or much higher in april. you gonna bite no matter what? oh well, good luck...
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. DDR4 price is crazy...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived