This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Windows 10 v. 1709 issues

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Windows 10 v. 1709 issues
(message deleted)

User Info: Ciera

Ciera
1 month ago#22
Renraku_San posted...
Ciera posted...
What's the matter? Truth bomb hurt so much? LOL. btw I only recommended a distro because OP is on PC. Too bad it's impossible to recommend a non-s*** non-linux OS on PC nowadays

^^Can't afford win10 licenses, lol

dude, they can't even GIVE that s*** away
I'll... shave that cat.

User Info: cbgreely

cbgreely
1 month ago#23
Voxwik posted...
I had to do a clean install and even then one of my hard drives caused issues: most installers locked up and trying to change the drive letter or delete the partition just locked up disk manager. I deleted the partition outside of Windows and after reformatting now it works fine. I'll do a complete disk scan just in case but modern Windows should never lock up like that. It did not take the whole machine down but any operations that scanned disks hung forever as did restart.

mucloud posted...
cbgreely posted...
So after installing the latest update of Windows 10 (against my will, of course), all of my games either crash on startup or run very poorly. Anyone else having these issues?

You need to install direct x and and

Microsoft visual C ++ 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017.

MS intrusively does huge in place OS upgrades but doesn't install this stuff automatically. It is such nonsense. I just shake my head when I see lobby displays with huge Windows update screens etc.

So I actually need to reinstall all of that? I honestly though mucloud was joking.
Pineapple on pizza

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
1 month ago#24
cbgreely posted...

So I actually need to reinstall all of that? I honestly though mucloud was joking.

Steam and many games try to do it for you but yes. The run time especially are a problem for some games that don't check for them (EverQuest was notorious for this but I think they fixed that).

My apologies if this is the wrong direct link for DirectX:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

If that is the wrong link I can look again later if you can't find it. The correct link will fix up DirectX with a ton of various updates for DX9.

User Info: Setzera

Setzera
1 month ago#25
I haven't had any issues with it, aside from it failing to install on one machine multiple times before it worked.

My mom's laptop however it won't install unless she uninstalls her work software. It says it's not compatible. The technicians will need to look in to that though.

Never seen a Windows update ask to uninstall something before.

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
1 month ago#26
Ciera posted...
cbgreely posted...
Ciera posted...
Install a real (i.e. non-garbage) operating system. Problem solved.

Such as...?

Elementary OS or Mint are pretty OK. If you absolutely need to game then setup a second game only partition with Wangblows 7.

This is GameFAQs... and the PC System Board. How could you even consider that gaming isn't the primary objective of EVERYONE HERE?!

User Info: Ciera

Ciera
1 month ago#27
you f***ing said it yourself, this is a hardware board and a general. half the posts on here arent explicitly game related.
I'll... shave that cat.

User Info: jay2101

jay2101
1 month ago#28
It's a direct show security feature.

User Info: Number11_1

Number11_1
1 month ago#29
Ciera posted...
you f***ing said it yourself, this is a hardware board and a general. half the posts on here arent explicitly game related.

On a site called GAMEfaqs. Almost every post on this PC board is gaming related. It's about a specific game, a genre, technical issues, or hardware questions about what components someone should get in order to game in their price range. We don't talk about hardware just to talk about hardware, we talk about it in relation to gaming.

So TC was having issues with Windows, but clearly gaming was the focus. Are you that dense that you can't get that? Were you trying to fit in with the cool kids by hating windows 10? Were you trying to sound smart by talking about Linux? I'm genuinely confused by your posts

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
1 month ago#30
zhenghan posted...
Will windows 10 be known as the next Vista when windows 12 becomes mainstream? I think so. Tho tbh I think vista is much better than windows 10.

Did Vista have as many fanboys as 10? I don't remember much from back then.
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Windows 10 v. 1709 issues

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived