This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has anyone tried the WIndows 10 compact function with games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Has anyone tried the WIndows 10 compact function with games?

User Info: -CJF-

-CJF-
1 month ago#1
Saw this on Reddit and it seems pretty awesome. I had some good results with games but I'm wondering long term if I won't notice any performance issues. So far everything seems great though, and the compression sometimes cuts the file size down by A LOT. Bioshock Remastered went from like 21 GB down to 16 GB. Some games see no benefit, but some people have also reported games compressing to 1/10th the size of the original in some cases.

Here's the original thread, which has links to the Results Wiki and GUI app: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/76hj26/i_tested_25_games_against_the_windows_compact/?limit=1500

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
1 month ago#2
Only problems in games like guild wars that use massive single files. It ends up decompressing the entire thing at launch every time.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Has anyone tried the WIndows 10 compact function with games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived