This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSA: Fallout 4 DLC works in Fallout 4 VR

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PSA: Fallout 4 DLC works in Fallout 4 VR

User Info: CW Boi 209

CW Boi 209
1 month ago#1
So yeah, in case anyone is wondering, DLC from the original FO4 works in F4VR. Some mods supposedly work too, but I haven't tried any yet. I can at least confirm that I was able to start Automatron by using console commands to advance to level 15. Haven't gotten far enough to check Far Harbor and Nuka yet.

For anyone who has the VR version and want the DLC stuff included, basically copy all of your DLC files from the Fallout 4 Data folder (they all have the DLC prefix so they're very easy to tell) and paste them into your F4VR Data folder. Then navigate to your /appdata/local/Fallout4 directory and copy the DLCList.txt (if you have the Hi-res pack installed, copy plugins.txt too) and paste it into your /appdata/local/Fallout4VR folder. Then add the following lines to your Fallout4Custom.ini located in your /Documents/My Games/Fallout4VR and save:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Not sure if above is needed, but I added them anyway because I was going to test mods later.
i7 4790 | ASRock H97M ITX | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | SanDisk Ultra II 960GB SSD | EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB SC+ ACX 2.0+ | CM Elite 130

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#2
Bethesda is mad now that people don't have to rebuy the DLC I bet.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: MrSprings

MrSprings
1 month ago#3
So how about that mod testing?
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist."- GC

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
1 month ago#4
You were always able to install their dlc that way. It's just called piracy normally. But it's piracy making you buy the same game twice, so i don't understand this world.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

CW Boi 209
1 month ago#5
MrSprings posted...
So how about that mod testing?

At work right now so haven't tried yet (it was like 1am when I made this topic). It seems texture mods work. I'd imagine the ones that would most likely give you issues are mods that tamper with the interface.

Anyway, fortunately I got this game for free with my Vive. Definitely not worth the asking $60 if you already have the original, as there was no special conversion done with the assets. Basically it seems they just reprogrammed a couple things to make it VR, as some users pointed out that you can literally copy the entire data folder from the original into VR and it would still work. The only difference is the exe and some dll files.
i7 4790 | ASRock H97M ITX | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | SanDisk Ultra II 960GB SSD | EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB SC+ ACX 2.0+ | CM Elite 130

CW Boi 209
1 month ago#6
SinisterSlay posted...
You were always able to install their dlc that way. It's just called piracy normally. But it's piracy making you buy the same game twice, so i don't understand this world.

In this case it was more to see if there was any reason why DLC wouldn't work or why mod support was removed.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PSA: Fallout 4 DLC works in Fallout 4 VR

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived