This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cameltoe discovered in PUBG. SJW's outraged and call for it's removal.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Cameltoe discovered in PUBG. SJW's outraged and call for it's removal.

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
4 weeks ago#161
KillerTruffle posted...
Erm... we're up to 158 posts and counting because of all the b****ing about changing a few pixels in a video game, dearie. That's a lot of b****ing.

Would this post be here if nobody complained about the camel toe in PUBG? I think not.

And I think you misunderstand. The truth is nobody cares about the camel toe in PUBG. The problem is developers changing their game at the whim of some idiots who need safe spaces to survive.

KillerTruffle posted...
SO MUCH chauvinistic crap here. Mocking women (wimmenz), claiming that a cause is pointless on the sole grounds that it's fiction, and just because you choose to ignore the end goal doesn't mean there isn't one. That entire sentence pretty neatly demonstrates in whole the LEGITIMATE complaints women have about male a******s.

It is pointless. What does fighting for women video game dolls do?

KillerTruffle posted...
They were not "crying" or overly dramatic

Complaining about something like this in a character model is automatically being overly dramatic.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: Dyshonest

Dyshonest
4 weeks ago#162
I hate the /r/Incels sub a lot but at least people like KT were quiet when they were allowed there.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 weeks ago#163
Tyranius2 posted...
Would this post be here if nobody complained about the camel toe in PUBG? I think not.

This excuse is literally pinning the blame for bad behavior and overreaction here on other people.

"I wouldn't have punched him in the face if he hadn't looked at me funny."

"I wouldn't have thrown that kitten if it had never been born under my porch."

Yeah, blaming someone *else* for merely pointing out the (pretty minor) problem as the whole reason all the manchildren here are pitching a fit doesn't work. People here keep saying "it's not even a big deal," but they refuse to let it go, and keep making it a big deal.

Tyranius2 posted...
The truth is nobody cares about the camel toe in PUBG.

Case in point. If that were true, this topic would not have even been made, because this is *not* an example of SJWs ruining your game. Reasons have already been given several times earlier in this topic. The entire issue would have just been a blip, except for all the male gamers who got bent out of shape over it being removed and blew it way out of proportion (while accusing "SJWs" of being the ones who blew it out of proportion, interestingly enough).

Tyranius2 posted...
It is pointless. What does fighting for women video game dolls do?

The correlation to speaking out against the overall treatment and objectification of women in general has already been made several times here. I don't feel it needs to be made again, regardless of how many times you ignore it.

Tyranius2 posted...
Complaining about something like this in a character model is automatically being overly dramatic.

No, it's pointing out a discrepancy and concern. b****ing about the fact that the devs are fixing it for 4+ pages is being overly dramatic.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

KillerTruffle
4 weeks ago#164
Dyshonest posted...
I hate the /r/Incels sub a lot but at least people like KT were quiet when they were allowed there.

Translation: "I refuse to listen to any viewpoint other than my own, and wish people who don't agree with me would just disappear."

User Info: reiko sawamura

reiko sawamura
4 weeks ago#165
It would happen if someone wore an outfit like that in real life, why not display it in a video game? Kind of seems like a pointless argument to me.
It's a higher power telling me through bunnies that we're all gonna die!

User Info: tzuyd

tzuyd
4 weeks ago#166
OUberLord posted...
That doesn't make it any less a powerful symbol of hate.

Actually the symbol itself is powerless, it's peoples toxic attitude around it that it inherits any sense of 'power' from. Indeed, it's only as powerful as the number of people worshiping its existence.

Much akin to how the left has created Brexit, President Trump and now white nationalists and neo-Nazis.

...*purely*? lol.

Of course. Would you prefer if I said '100%'?

KillerTruffle posted...
ocking women (wimmenz),

>doesn't even understand the reference, defaults to thinking ill of others
>most likely projection

claiming that a cause is pointless on the sole grounds that it's fiction,

Just thought the chuckle provided by this sentence was worth a quote.

KillerTruffle posted...
Translation: "I refuse to listen to any viewpoint other than my own,

He says, after putting me on Ignore...
I sexually identify as a 100% inoffensively correct person. My pronouns are 'yes', 'uh huh' and 'absolutely'.

KillerTruffle
4 weeks ago#167
tzuyd posted...
He says, after putting me on Ignore...

Oh, I haven't put you on ignore... your arguments are just so out in insanity land that they don't warrant a response. Pretty sure even people who are much less grounded in reality can see how much nonsense you're throwing out (seriously - "the left created Trump and neo nazis?"), so I don't really feel like I need to refute it.

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
4 weeks ago#168
KillerTruffle posted...
This excuse is literally pinning the blame for bad behavior and overreaction here on other people.

The overreaction started when someone felt a camel toe on a character model is something to be afraid of.

KillerTruffle posted...
Case in point. If that were true, this topic would not have even been made, because this is *not* an example of SJWs ruining your game.

Nobody cares about the camel toe. If Bluehole removed it with no mention there wouldn't be this level of talk about it. This isn't about camel toes. This is about SJWs having the final say on what is allowed into a game or not.

KillerTruffle posted...
The correlation to speaking out against the overall treatment and objectification of women in general has already been made several times here. I don't feel it needs to be made again, regardless of how many times you ignore it.

If there is any correlation, we should ban all gaming. If objectifying women in video games makes people treat women badly in real life then certainly objectifying random mooks to be murdered by the dozens will have some sort of effect?

You're talking about problems that existed before gaming, which will still exist after all mainstream gaming is devoid of "objectification" because objectification in games don't change s***.

Seriously, you are talking like Jack Thompson now. Do you really wanna say that guy was right?

KillerTruffle posted...
No, it's pointing out a discrepancy and concern.

If a camel toe in a video game concerns you, you're being overly dramatic. I don't know how to put it any clearer than that.

"But tyranius, you're concerned that they're removing it so you're the same!!"

I'm not concerned about the camel toe. I don't even play PUBG. But this precedent of SJWs deciding what is alright and what is not is something that actually warrants concern. It's as if I went to a restaurant but some random idiots outside, who aren't even customers, decide what the chef can put on a dish.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

KillerTruffle
4 weeks ago#169
Tyranius2 posted...
The overreaction started when someone felt a camel toe on a character model is something to be afraid of.

You're just rephrasing exactly what I pointed out - you're blaming the behavior of the people overreacting on something that never needed to be overreacted to. This b****-fest is NOT the result of someone who complained about the character model. They're just throwing the blame for their behavior at it. Not an excuse, and my response to it doesn't change in any way.

Tyranius2 posted...
This is about SJWs having the final say on what is allowed into a game or not.

They don't. The developer (or publisher) does. You're just pissy because the the dev in this case listened to someone you don't like.

Tyranius2 posted...
If objectifying women in video games makes people treat women badly in real life then certainly objectifying random mooks to be murdered by the dozens will have some sort of effect?

Falsely transforming a symptom/tangential relationship into a causal relationship to build a strawman. Completely invalid argument. Not one person has said that objectifying women in video games makes people treat women badly in real life. You've missed the point.

Tyranius2 posted...
If a camel toe in a video game concerns you, you're being overly dramatic.

No, the people who are so concerned about it that they throw a bloody group tantrum are being overly dramatic. The initial complaint was not overly dramatic, and I even interpreted it as a mixture of humor and frustration. The gamerbro response has been a huge overreaction though.

Tyranius2 posted...
But this precedent of SJWs deciding what is alright and what is not is something that actually warrants concern.

It's not a precedent. Games have already been changed due to complaints. And I can't think of one single instance where the change ruined the game or altered gameplay.

Tyranius2 posted...
It's as if I went to a restaurant but some random idiots outside, who aren't even customers, decide what the chef can put on a dish.

No, it's not like that at all, because that would be altering the content - the gameplay. For that to be a valid comparison, SJWs would have to be demanding that they remove certain vehicles or guns from the game. A more apt comparison would be if you went to a restaurant, and someone (who may or may not have eaten there - do you actually have ANY PROOF at all that the girl who complained doesn't play PUBG? Cuz it sure looked like she did...) complained that "Bird t***" is kind of a lousy name for their roast chicken breast, the restaurant agreed to change it to a different name. The dish is identical, no change in flavor or experience... just a small cosmetic change.

At which point you and several of the other diners jump up on the tables and start screaming about how these people shouldn't be offended, the restaurant can do whatever it wants (apparently only as long as it aligns with what you want, of course), and these people are going to completely ruin eating out for everyone. All because of one little name change.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Cameltoe discovered in PUBG. SJW's outraged and call for it's removal.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived