This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thoughts on Okami HD

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Thoughts on Okami HD

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
1 month ago#41
wildog2006 posted...
Remakes, and remakes of remakes are getting old. This is why I'm a PC gamer. Want to play an old game? OK, just reinstall it.

First, to "reinstall" an old game, you have to have owned and/or had it installed at some point prior.

Second, a lot of old games don't just magically run perfectly on the newest computers, and a lot of PC gamers don't tend to keep 15-year-old hardware around just to play the older games. I have yet to get XIII functioning properly, even though I have my original discs, and have followed every workaround suggestion online I could find. There are lots of old games with that problem.

And finally, Okami was not on PC before. Now it is. In higher detail/resolution with widescreen support. How is this a bad thing - especially for people who didn't have it on console (or may not have even had the console)?

Gamers sure are a grumpy bunch. It gets a little asinine when people literally complain that good old games are being fixed up and released so they're properly playable on newer computers, or alternate systems. Complaining games like Bayonetta or Okami are finally available on PC is one of the hands-down dumbest complaints I've seen here. Boo-hoo... more great games are available on PC... life sucks. WTF.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
1 month ago#42
Steam Reviews mention it's locked to 30 fps, doesn't support non 16:9 ratios and has serious problems getting controllers to work.
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
1 month ago#43
Darth_Kamcio posted...
Steam Reviews mention it's locked to 30 fps, doesn't support non 16:9 ratios and has serious problems getting controllers to work.

Wouldn't this game be utter crap with a controller anyway? I can't imagine trying to paint quickly and accurately with an analog stick.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
1 month ago#44
KillerTruffle posted...
Darth_Kamcio posted...

Wouldn't this game be utter crap with a controller anyway? I can't imagine trying to paint quickly and accurately with an analog stick.

Not everyone has a problem getting controllers to work. My Logitech F310 runs just fine.

Painting straight lines is no problem with a gamepad. Trying to draw a circle or something isn't so fine though. If I need to fill in something or have to draw something that is not a line, I switch to my mouse. There's no need to get 60fps in this game. Not every game requires it.

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
1 month ago#45
Freelance_Wolf posted...
There's no need to get 60fps in this game. Not every game requires it.

*rolls eyes*
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
1 month ago#46
Darth_Kamcio posted...
Freelance_Wolf posted...
There's no need to get 60fps in this game. Not every game requires it.

*rolls eyes*

*rolls eyes back and leaves this argument*

User Info: unclee

unclee
1 month ago#47
wildog2006 posted...

Remakes, and remakes of remakes are getting old. This is why I'm a PC gamer. Want to play an old game? OK, just reinstall it.

Let me just go reinstall the old PC version of Okami. Give me a couple minutes......Oh wait, this is the first time Okami has ever been on PC.

User Info: KCGemini

KCGemini
1 month ago#48
DerPancake posted...
I have seen this game compared to Twilight Princess, the question is it better than it?

IMO, it's better.
What's wrong with the world these days is people don't have any common sense.
http://i.imgur.com/4p4wGOs.png

User Info: FlyinTonite

FlyinTonite
4 weeks ago#49
I'm playing with mouse and keyboard and good god does it just click. Game looks amazing, soundtrack is also amazing and the story is really good. Easily a game I'd recommend everyone try at least once in their life.
Life is tough, like real tough, like tough plus tough times tough to the power of tough.

User Info: iPWNtheNoobs

iPWNtheNoobs
4 weeks ago#50
Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts. Looking forward to playing it one day. I'm happy price not too high.
Space Waster
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Thoughts on Okami HD

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived