This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

San Francisco is such a popular city.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. San Francisco is such a popular city.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
1 month ago#31
captsplatter_1 posted...
cancerquake posted...
golden gate bridge top 1 suicide location on earth

Should put nets underneath.

http://time.com/4736962/golden-gate-bridge-suicide-net/
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#32
KillerTruffle posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
cancerquake posted...
golden gate bridge top 1 suicide location on earth

Should put nets underneath.

http://time.com/4736962/golden-gate-bridge-suicide-net/

Wonder if its working. Better after spending 200 mill on it.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
1 month ago#33
I lived there from 2004 to I think 2012. It was pretty great back then. There was a lot of stuff that was annoying like the crappy public transit and hobos pooping everywhere, but at least rent was manageable and there were tons of fun bars and restaurants. Also the weather is great if you don't like cold or hot weather.

I don't know why anyone is still living there, rent is insane there now, ALL the cool restaurants/bars closed and got replaces by artisanal fart gin yoga clubs, public transit is still a complete joke, and there's even more homeless people. So you're paying like 4 times more than 5 years ago to put up with worse problems. Also I fully expect the tech and real estate bubble will pop there at some point, probably when Trumptax raises taxes on blue states.
i wanna walk out into the night
without it being running away

User Info: Terrorknight3

Terrorknight3
1 month ago#34
sfcalimari posted...
I lived there from 2004 to I think 2012. It was pretty great back then. There was a lot of stuff that was annoying like the crappy public transit and hobos pooping everywhere, but at least rent was manageable and there were tons of fun bars and restaurants. Also the weather is great if you don't like cold or hot weather.

I don't know why anyone is still living there, rent is insane there now, ALL the cool restaurants/bars closed and got replaces by artisanal fart gin yoga clubs, public transit is still a complete joke, and there's even more homeless people. So you're paying like 4 times more than 5 years ago to put up with worse problems. Also I fully expect the tech and real estate bubble will pop there at some point, probably when Trumptax raises taxes on blue states.

I thought public transit in SF Is really good? What sucks about it?

User Info: pipebomb_phil

pipebomb_phil
1 month ago#35
Better SF than the overused NYC. I'm really tired of seeing NYC in every movie, video game, cartoon, etc.
#pipebomb_phil
http://i.imgur.com/atWQoAs.gif

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#36
pipebomb_phil posted...
Better SF than the overused NYC. I'm really tired of seeing NYC in every movie, video game, cartoon, etc.

Need more Chicago.
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

KillerTruffle
1 month ago#37
captsplatter_1 posted...
pipebomb_phil posted...

Need more Chicago.

Honestly, Chicago or Detroit could either one be a solid setting for a gritty, violent crime/combat game - especially post economic/governmental collapse sort of games. They'd both be very believable settings.

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#38
KillerTruffle posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
pipebomb_phil posted...

Need more Chicago.

Honestly, Chicago or Detroit could either one be a solid setting for a gritty, violent crime/combat game - especially post economic/governmental collapse sort of games. They'd both be very believable settings.

Detroit would work, it already collapsed.

KillerTruffle
1 month ago#39
captsplatter_1 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
pipebomb_phil posted...

Need more Chicago.

Exactly. And Chicago is trying to go that direction - tons of violence and discontent, crime rates high enough that presidents have to talk about it, public mistrust of law enforcement and people who are supposed to protect them (and honestly, there has been a crapton of dirty cops and stuff, so that mistrust is well deserved)...

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#40
KillerTruffle posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
pipebomb_phil posted...

Need more Chicago.

Exactly. And Chicago is trying to go that direction - tons of violence and discontent, crime rates high enough that presidents have to talk about it, public mistrust of law enforcement and people who are supposed to protect them (and honestly, there has been a crapton of dirty cops and stuff, so that mistrust is well deserved)...

Still waiting for Detroit to go from the Automobile City to the Cybernetic City. Aka Deus Ex.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. San Francisco is such a popular city.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived