This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

San Francisco is such a popular city.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. San Francisco is such a popular city.

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
1 month ago#41
For the West Coast, Seattle > San Fransico.

Chummer.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
1 month ago#42
captsplatter_1 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
pipebomb_phil posted...
Better SF than the overused NYC. I'm really tired of seeing NYC in every movie, video game, cartoon, etc.

Need more Chicago.

Honestly, Chicago or Detroit could either one be a solid setting for a gritty, violent crime/combat game - especially post economic/governmental collapse sort of games. They'd both be very believable settings.

Detroit would work, it already collapsed.

Exactly. And Chicago is trying to go that direction - tons of violence and discontent, crime rates high enough that presidents have to talk about it, public mistrust of law enforcement and people who are supposed to protect them (and honestly, there has been a crapton of dirty cops and stuff, so that mistrust is well deserved)...

Still waiting for Detroit to go from the Automobile City to the Cybernetic City. Aka Deus Ex.

Well, they're supposed to unveil that Robocop statue next year, so they're headed the right direction... heh
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#43
-5xad0w- posted...

Chummer.

Hey Seattle how about South California take your rain for a little bit.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#44
KillerTruffle posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
pipebomb_phil posted...
Better SF than the overused NYC. I'm really tired of seeing NYC in every movie, video game, cartoon, etc.

Need more Chicago.

Honestly, Chicago or Detroit could either one be a solid setting for a gritty, violent crime/combat game - especially post economic/governmental collapse sort of games. They'd both be very believable settings.

Detroit would work, it already collapsed.

Exactly. And Chicago is trying to go that direction - tons of violence and discontent, crime rates high enough that presidents have to talk about it, public mistrust of law enforcement and people who are supposed to protect them (and honestly, there has been a crapton of dirty cops and stuff, so that mistrust is well deserved)...

Still waiting for Detroit to go from the Automobile City to the Cybernetic City. Aka Deus Ex.

Well, they're supposed to unveil that Robocop statue next year, so they're headed the right direction... heh

I hope it doesn't get stolen.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
1 month ago#45
Terrorknight3 posted...
sfcalimari posted...
I lived there from 2004 to I think 2012. It was pretty great back then. There was a lot of stuff that was annoying like the crappy public transit and hobos pooping everywhere, but at least rent was manageable and there were tons of fun bars and restaurants. Also the weather is great if you don't like cold or hot weather.

I don't know why anyone is still living there, rent is insane there now, ALL the cool restaurants/bars closed and got replaces by artisanal fart gin yoga clubs, public transit is still a complete joke, and there's even more homeless people. So you're paying like 4 times more than 5 years ago to put up with worse problems. Also I fully expect the tech and real estate bubble will pop there at some point, probably when Trumptax raises taxes on blue states.

I thought public transit in SF Is really good? What sucks about it?

Oh, hey. Sorry I didn't respond earlier.

It's just really bad when you consider how expensive it is to live there, you'd think the city could afford better, but nope.

- Muni Metro is the light rail system and it's just a joke. The main problem is that they have 6 different lines combine and run down a single tunnel into downtown. They constantly create a traffic jam where you inch forward or stop and start constantly, and if one train in the tunnel breaks down the entire system breaks down. I used to live near downtown and on a good day it took me a 10 minute ride to work, most days it would be more like 30, and sometimes it would take me 90 minutes because the entire system melted down.

- the buses are ok but they take forever to get anywhere and are always super crowded. Very unpleasant to use.

- BART is like a subway train that provides commuter rail service to the suburbs. It's much more reliable than Muni but the trains are disgusting and dirty, they're always crowded because they keep cutting back on service (even in the middle of the biggest economic boom in history), and the system is starting to fall apart so delays and breakdowns keep increasing.

Overall it's just a joke and a pain in the ass to use, but having a car is even worse in most of SF because there's zero parking. I used to live in Chicago and the public transit wasn't perfect either but it was way better, trains were way more reliable and the buses would actually hustle and were very reliable. A small wealthy liberal city like SF should really be able to do better at getting people to work, but all the people with money and power just shower attention on tech companies that have abandoned public transit and use private buses.
i wanna walk out into the night
without it being running away

User Info: thatfool12Gs

thatfool12Gs
1 month ago#46
Screw SF, screw leather assless chaps, screw Lombard street, screw the Warriors, screw Alcatraz, and you screw you OP

User Info: juscallmeehx

juscallmeehx
1 month ago#47
thatfool12Gs posted...
Screw SF, screw leather assless chaps, screw Lombard street, screw the Warriors, screw Alcatraz, and you screw you OP

Did someone touch you while walking on Castro?
It's not the hardware in your hands that matters, but the software in your hearts.

User Info: thatfool12Gs

thatfool12Gs
1 month ago#48
juscallmeehx posted...
thatfool12Gs posted...

Did someone touch you while walking on Castro?

Are you nuts? Who in their right mind would walk in a cess pool like that?

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
4 weeks ago#49
I live there now, AMA.
Now with 100% real fruit juice

User Info: Kenny_Mayne

Kenny_Mayne
4 weeks ago#50
captsplatter_1 posted...
-5xad0w- posted...

Chummer.

Hey Seattle how about South California take your rain for a little bit.

Take it. Have all of it. Sick of all this damn rain 24/7 365
I am Seattle. Not changing sig until they move the seahawks, mariners, sounders to Oklahoma City
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. San Francisco is such a popular city.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived