This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking into getting my first 4K monitor for photo editing....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking into getting my first 4K monitor for photo editing....

User Info: castrejon04

castrejon04
1 month ago#1
I currently have the 27" Asus Designo IPS 1080p monitor, and it's freaking amazing for both design and screen color. Asus just released their 4K version of that monitor. If I get that monitor, is 4K on a 27" going to be too small if my eyes are 2 feet away from the screen? Can my current hardware support or even display 4K? I have a i5 3570K with an Asus R9 270 GPU.
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa

User Info: GoldenSun3DS

GoldenSun3DS
1 month ago#2
castrejon04 posted...
I currently have the 27" Asus Designo IPS 1080p monitor, and it's freaking amazing for both design and screen color. Asus just released their 4K version of that monitor. If I get that monitor, is 4K on a 27" going to be too small if my eyes are 2 feet away from the screen? Can my current hardware support or even display 4K? I have a i5 3570K with an Asus R9 270 GPU.

I used to game on a powercolor R9 270 (with i5 4690 and unknown speed/timings DDDR3 RAM 8GB single stick) at 4K.

It should support 4K. It could do Skyrim (before remaster version) max settings at 4K getting about 30FPS consistently (no overclock).

I don't know about that monitor, but I just got a 49" 4K TV for my new PC.
4K, i3-8350K, Zotac GTX1060 6GB, 16GB DDR4-3600, Gigabyte Z370 MB, WD Black 6TB HDD, 250GB SSD, Seasonic F+ 650W PSU, Thermalright 140D, Deepcool Tesseract case

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
1 month ago#3
castrejon04 posted...

Your current gpu yes just do not play games on that monitor just stick with the editing side and you will be fine.

Although you might want to upgrade to a Rx 580 so you will not have to worry about anything later.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
1 month ago#4
Personally with what u have gpu wise and the screen size id genuinely go for a 27” 1440p. Something like the asus rog ips. You will always have the benefit of 144hz if u need it. I dont see a worthwhile improvement in 4k at that screen size.
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking into getting my first 4K monitor for photo editing....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived