This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DO NOT update Windows 10.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. DO NOT update Windows 10.

User Info: Rexdragon125

Rexdragon125
1 month ago#41
The update worked fine for me but it's still a buggy s*** garbage OS

User Info: TheOpposite

TheOpposite
1 month ago#42
Dragon Nexus posted...
arleas posted...
Did they say a complete reinstall is necessary or did they say that you just need to use the recovery option in the OS?

As for not updating...
https://i.imgur.com/QG5m0hc.png

Have fun with your computer full of security holes.

These "security holes" are nowhere near as big of an issue as they are made out to be, and shouldn't have been there to begin with. If they would design an OS correctly security would never be an issue and updates would never be needed.

User Info: arleas

arleas
1 month ago#43
Dragon Nexus posted...
Have fun with your computer full of security holes.

Have fun with YOUR computer full of security holes, just different ones.

In any case, if I find myself in trouble with viruses or whatever, I'll reinstall, at which time I'll be forced to be "up to date" and then you can stop worrying about my computer. I'll gladly email you to tell you when this happens if you like (you may be waiting for quite some time though and that could exacerbate your worrying)
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 month ago#44
d209999 posted...
F1areaGaman posted...
GoIrish80 posted...
If you’ve called Windows customer service, you’re not allowed to give anyone advice about computers.

Ever.

At that point I called simply to see if the problem was wide-spread.

After login I would just get a black screen, safe mode wouldn't load windows explorer either. I guess this happened to a lot of PCs after the creators update.

Not mine

Yeah, and the update worked fine on mine, but to be fair, just because it didn't bork our computers doesn't mean there isn't a problem with the update and certain hardware/BIOS/software etc.- and just because TC had problems doesn't mean EVERYBODY shouldn't update, as more than a few people can attest to having no issues with the update in this very thread. Personally I've had no major problems with a Windows 10 update so far, no changing of my settings/graphics drivers etc. though I understand these things are a possibility.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

JKatarn
1 month ago#45
TheOpposite posted...
These "security holes" are nowhere near as big of an issue as they are made out to be, and shouldn't have been there to begin with. If they would design an OS correctly security would never be an issue and updates would never be needed.

So why don't you use your incredible prescience and design an impenetrable OS that is immune to all possible security breaches? Apparently it's incredibly simple to build a 100% secure OS.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
1 month ago#46
JKatarn posted...
Apparently it's incredibly simple to build a 100% secure OS.

It is. Support no hardware, run no software, and accept no user input of any kind.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: F1areaGaman

F1areaGaman
1 month ago#47
Yeah the guy on the other end of customer service as quite frustrated he had to keep telling people to re-install as the only means to fix it.

Apparently it's more common if your PC is custom built.

Yesterday was my day off and I had to spend it putting Skyrim back to it's perfectly modded state :(
3DS FC: 4656-7003-5457

JKatarn
1 month ago#48
F1areaGaman posted...
Yeah the guy on the other end of customer service as quite frustrated he had to keep telling people to re-install as the only means to fix it.

Apparently it's more common if your PC is custom built.

Yesterday was my day off and I had to spend it putting Skyrim back to it's perfectly modded state :(

I know my brother-in-law who has a somewhat custom pre-built from some years back said the latest update took an entire night to install, but it eventually went through and he had no problems with the OS itself.

User Info: Ave07

Ave07
1 month ago#49
It just updated when I signed on and no issues as of yet.
3DS|PC|PS3|VITA|PS4
i5 3570k|MSI GTX 970|8GB|W10 Pro

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
1 month ago#50
TheOpposite posted...
These "security holes" are nowhere near as big of an issue as they are made out to be, and shouldn't have been there to begin with.

Are you somehow of the mind that something should never be released to the public unless it's 100% infallible? You have a very optimistic world view, gotta say.

Every piece of software you've ever used will have a means to manipulate it somehow. That's why patches are a thing. That's why updates exist at all. If we waited until Windows 10 was completely impossible to break into, it would never be released and we'd still probably be using Windows 98.

Plus threats evolve and change over time. What once wasn't an issue suddenly becomes an issue.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. DO NOT update Windows 10.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived