This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DO NOT update Windows 10.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. DO NOT update Windows 10.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 weeks ago#61
TheOpposite posted...
Or the people who know how to do these things can do it. Figure it out and quit making excuses.

Right, so you have zero technical knowledge and think advising people to never update their OS is sound advice. Only on GameFAQs. Let me guess, you have AVG and run CCleaner once a month and fancy yourself an OS/security 'expert'.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: TheOpposite

TheOpposite
4 weeks ago#62
I don't claim to be an expert on anything, but people make way to big of a deal out of keeping everything updated when the updates (or lack of them) aren't the problem, nor will they solve it. It doesn't take technical knowledge to observe how Windows works.

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
4 weeks ago#63
Just updated to the latest on this Win10 box, so far so good xD.
https://i.imgur.com/ItKNwgO.png
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: monkmith

monkmith
4 weeks ago#64
TheOpposite posted...
I don't claim to be an expert on anything, but people make way to big of a deal out of keeping everything updated when the updates (or lack of them) aren't the problem, nor will they solve it. It doesn't take technical knowledge to observe how Windows works.

so instead you tell people not to update and to 'practice vigilance' instead of using common sense software like an antivirus? please keep your bad advice to yourself.
People die when they are killed.
Among horse, Red Hare. Among men, Lu Bu.

User Info: TheOpposite

TheOpposite
4 weeks ago#65
I use an anti-virus as well. It's already built into Windows 10. Malwarebytes, as well, for a backup.

Look, if all you're going to do is be insulting you're not helping the topic. You're just wasting my time.

User Info: monkmith

monkmith
4 weeks ago#66
TheOpposite posted...
I use an anti-virus as well. It's already built into Windows 10. Malwarebytes, as well, for a backup.

Look, if all you're going to do is be insulting you're not helping the topic. You're just wasting my time.

..the irony in your statement makes my head hurt...

also, malwarebytes isn't an antivirus program. it sort of functions like one if you buy the subscription, but its really crap at it.
People die when they are killed.
Among horse, Red Hare. Among men, Lu Bu.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 weeks ago#67
monkmith posted...
TheOpposite posted...

..the irony in your statement makes my head hurt...

also, malwarebytes isn't an antivirus program. it sort of functions like one if you buy the subscription, but its really crap at it.

Actually Malwarebytes most certainly IS an anti-virus program. It's not an active scanner unless you pay for the service but that doesn't change anything. Defender's fine too, for what it is.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: locksmithblack

locksmithblack
4 weeks ago#68
Not sure what's more shocking, that people keep blaming the OS or that it actually has customer service.
Haters = Motivators

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 weeks ago#69
Dragon Nexus posted...
Actually all you need to do is be smart

Funny, I say the same thing and everyone yells at me because apparently being smart ISN'T enough when the boogyman is out there installing viruses on your machine.

If you have a weak heart don't look:
I haven't used an antivirus in over a decade

And again, if I have any problems, nuke it from orbit, start over... no problem. If I have data that is impossible to recover from other means, I back that up on a Blu-Ray...otherwise no regular backups either

For anyone with elevated blood pressure, I warned you not to look.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: Rexdragon125

Rexdragon125
4 weeks ago#70
Have you ever tried Microsoft's support forums? All their support engineers ever tell you is "Try these command line repair scans that never work, try making a new user profile, if that doesn't fix it, reformat. We don't actually know how our OS works LOL"
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. DO NOT update Windows 10.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived