This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hows The Witcher 2?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Hows The Witcher 2?

User Info: refmon

refmon
1 month ago#1
The first one feels terribly dated and very slow paced but 2 looks promising.
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!

User Info: thedeadman568

thedeadman568
1 month ago#2
2 is really good, 3 is even better.

The jumps in quality between each of the games are massive and make me really excited for the dev's next project.

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
1 month ago#3
The first is worth it for the story, put it on easy and cheat if you have to.

The second is better mechanically, especially if you disliked the 'click, then maybe click again' approach to combat in the first.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
1 month ago#4
-5xad0w- posted...

The second is better mechanically, especially if you disliked the 'click, then maybe click again' approach to combat in the first.

What the f***?

W1 has good, balanced RPG combat. If you need to set that game to Easy, you're not doing it right.

W2 has s***ty action combat that should be played on Easy (or maybe with the official alternative combat mod by CD Projekt, I haven't tried it) just to get it over with. Though the story is good.

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
1 month ago#5
I thought the combat was a huge letdown, and the story was poorly told.

Then again, I'm one of those weirdos who thinks TW1 is decent overall, so disregard at will.

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
1 month ago#6
kobalobasileus posted...
-5xad0w- posted...

What the f***?

W1 has good, balanced RPG combat. If you need to set that game to Easy, you're not doing it right.

W2 has s***ty action combat that should be played on Easy (or maybe with the official alternative combat mod by CD Projekt, I haven't tried it) just to get it over with. Though the story is good.

My advice was intended for the TC, not you.

Glad you enjoyed the game.

I also had no issues with TW1 but for a lot of people, the simple click-based combat was a sticking point even at release.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: GTL581

GTL581
1 month ago#7
It's good. Some mechanics are a little wonky, and the combat isn't perfect at all, but the story is great (though not as good as the first game's).

The second game tried to streamline a lot from its predecessor, for better or worse. Its best feature is that the second chapter will play out entirely different based on your choice at the end of the first chapter.

I suggest toughing through the early parts of the first game. Once you get accustomed to the gameplay/mechanics, you'll most likely be at a point where the story will start to open up. It's totally worth it.

Both are certainly worth playing despite their faults if you're into rpgs at all.

User Info: spud_almighty

spud_almighty
1 month ago#8
It's basically a modern console game. The presentation is superb, the story is tight and it looks fantastic. But the dodge, attack, dodge, attack approach to combat does get tedious. It certainly isn't as good as the first game, but that's coming from someone who actually has an attention span.

User Info: Spinder1

Spinder1
1 month ago#9
The story is great and it's a beautiful game. Well worth playing. The gameplay kind of sucks though in my opinion, it's nice that it's straight action combat as opposed to the first game's weird rhythmic clicking and dice rolls but it's very, very janky and unrefined. I'd honestly recommend considering playing on the easiest difficulty unless you're prepared to deal with a lot of annoying s***, at least early on, later on it gets more tolerable because the difficulty curve is completely backwards. Or at least, if you don't want to play on easy then get the combat overhaul mod for the game. It actually does more than just overhaul combat, like fixing some really bad input delays and other tedious technical issues, so it's highly recommended.
Let him be king over charred bones and cooked meat. Let him be the king of ashes

User Info: BaldursGate

BaldursGate
1 month ago#10
Serviceable combat, great story, characters, interesting side quests, very linear with three main Acts, graphics that hold up even today, menu system kind of sucked. Overall a 8-9/10 game imo.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Hows The Witcher 2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived