This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need some quick tech advice about aol instant messenger shutting down tomorrow

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need some quick tech advice about aol instant messenger shutting down tomorrow

User Info: Combo Master

Combo Master
1 month ago#1
I am trying to save the chat conversations i have had, but I noticed that save a copy of my chats on this computer was unchecked.. So I have no logs...However, on the chat window itself I see load earlier messages. It freezes after a while when I keep hitting load earlier messages over and over... They are stored on the aim server, but I cannot save the past messages as logs...What can I do to get chats logged?
Combo Master

User Info: UnderwaterAir

UnderwaterAir
1 month ago#2
Bro... Wish I could help you. A lot of bad memories associated with AIM so I'm glad to see it go. lol

I thought it actually logged the chats into a directory on your computer. But this was back in ~2005?

User Info: spud_almighty

spud_almighty
1 month ago#3
I'm impressed anyone in 2017 actually cares.

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
1 month ago#4
I guess that combo is finally broken.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

User Info: KenshiroX

KenshiroX
1 month ago#5
Right click and drag down till the end of the chat, then copy to Notepad? I used to just do that to save them to emails.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
1 month ago#6
Google search mighty text it will copy your text to the pc app and you can save it that way.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need some quick tech advice about aol instant messenger shutting down tomorrow

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived