This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Update on my earlier 4K TV thread: I have not reproduced the claim of burn-in

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Update on my earlier 4K TV thread: I have not reproduced the claim of burn-in

User Info: GoldenSun3DS

GoldenSun3DS
1 month ago#1
I am reposting this because the previous thread archived and I want it searchable.

The previous thread:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/76047271

The 4K TV:
https://imgur.com/a/Hxw0H

Search terms for google searches:
LG 49" UHD 4K TV 49UJ62 49UJ6200 IPS 4K Display
49UJ6200-UA.CUS4LH
Smart TV Active HDR webOS 3.5 Ultra Surround

A user reported that it had screen burn-in. I don't mean to call them out, but I think it's only fair to try to clear this up:

That TV has really bad image retention. Leaving a static image on screen for only a few seconds will cause burn in. It does go away but the burn in happens so quickly it's not worth it. I had purchased this tv for a bedroom and even the settings menu of the tv would cause burn in. I hooked up my PC to it to test it out for gaming. All I did was start Steam, go to a game and launch it, when the screen turned black the Steam interface still remained on the screen. Using a web browser was even worse because of the toolbar. I ended up returning it.

I have not reproduced the claim that leaving a static images causes noticeable temporary burn-in.

I have left it on the desktop for awhile during setup phase, and tried minimizing the Steam window, but did not notice any issues. I have left it in the BIOS with the red outline over text (around 10-20 minutes) and quickly switched screens to something with black space there. No burn-in.

I believe that user had a defect in their 4K TV, or somehow had a different model of TV.

Now I have not done much gaming yet because I'm still in the setup/installation phase of my new PC, but the claims of instant noticeable burn-in is definitely not true for my 4K TV.
4K, i3-8350K, Zotac GTX1060 6GB, 16GB DDR4-3600, Gigabyte Z370 MB, WD Black 6TB HDD, 250GB SSD, Seasonic F+ 650W PSU, Thermalright 140D, Deepcool Tesseract case

User Info: GoldenSun3DS

GoldenSun3DS
1 month ago#2
This isn't really meant much for more discussion. I just wanted to clear this up and have it searchable for those searching for 4K TVs in this forum.
4K, i3-8350K, Zotac GTX1060 6GB, 16GB DDR4-3600, Gigabyte Z370 MB, WD Black 6TB HDD, 250GB SSD, Seasonic F+ 650W PSU, Thermalright 140D, Deepcool Tesseract case

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
1 month ago#3
Also, temporary image retention and burn-in are very different. It's like the difference between stubbing your toe and losing your toe to frostbite.

User Info: NuclearHendrix

NuclearHendrix
1 month ago#4
I read that some LG T.V's come with software that will remove the burn-in when you run it, but it takes a while to finish. I think I read this about the B7 series of LG T.V's.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize - Voltaire
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Update on my earlier 4K TV thread: I have not reproduced the claim of burn-in

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived