This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you pay $9.99 a month for Steam?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Would you pay $9.99 a month for Steam?

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
1 month ago#31
MUD VIPER posted...
Because now you're going to have to do that.

Really wish there was a rolling eyes emoji.

It does not have to be Valve, Comcast/Cable companies can now charge that to access Steam/Uplay/ect.

Yep, just like they did prior to 2015... oh wait.

Comcast throttled Youtube for me prior to 2015... if they think I'm downloading too many games on Steam, there is *nothing* stopping them from throttling that as well if net neutrality goes.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Boge

Boge
1 month ago#32
No I won't. I'll have to stick to old gaming I guess.
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.

User Info: khunki

khunki
1 month ago#33
Blatant fear mongering which only idiots will fall for.

Steam is a digital STORE. No company will charge you to use its STORE. Download speeds are already limited as is, Net Neutrality's demise won't really drop it down because all the other stores (GOG, Ubistore, Origin, Amazon, etc) will stop it from ever happening.
X

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
1 month ago#34
khunki posted...
Blatant fear mongering which only idiots will fall for.

Steam is a digital STORE. No company will charge you to use its STORE.

Spoken like someone who has no understanding of targeted throttling, or the fact that your ISP could easily slow your bandwidth to a trickle (or even block it completely) unless you pay more per month for it. Steam would not be applying the charge. The ISPs would.

Aren't you the guy who was making all those ridiculous arguments about economics? Seems you've got your facts here screwed up too, I'd say.

khunki posted...
No company will charge you to use its STORE.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/homepage.jsp
https://www.costco.com/
http://www.bjs.com/

Three companies that do, in fact, charge you to use their STORES - and have done so for ages.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: GeseztKatze

GeseztKatze
1 month ago#35
The end of Net Neutrality... Only a logical result of the free market for you...
I really should start finishing the phrases I...

User Info: khunki

khunki
1 month ago#36
KillerTruffle posted...

Spoken like someone who has no understanding of targeted throttling, or the fact that your ISP could easily slow your bandwidth to a trickle (or even block it completely) unless you pay more per month for it. Steam would not be applying the charge. The ISPs would.

Aren't you the guy who was making all those ridiculous arguments about economics? Seems you've got your facts here screwed up too, I'd say.

Pray tell why Steam would just sit by and let ISPs cut them out of the market?

And Sam's Club doesn't let you into the store without a membership card and it's because of their prices. https://www.csmonitor.com/Business/Saving-Money/2015/1013/Does-Walmart-or-Sam-s-Club-have-the-better-deals.

How would this apply to a digital market place like Steam?
X

User Info: anonymous02135

anonymous02135
1 month ago#37
yohabroha posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
Darth_Kamcio posted...
So net neutrality went down, ultimately?

FCC voted it out... still has to clear Congress though, so there's still a chance.

congress is ajit pai x2 though. house is republican, senate is republican, and the democrats are only projected to lose more seats in 2018 despite the recent dem win in alabama. certain situations such as a president tanking the country further could change that projection though.

really? gop is winning? why poor average joe punish themselves this way by voting more gop to office? first tax cut for rich and then net neutrality repeal isp pocket money. lol...

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
1 month ago#38
ThePCElitist posted...
Because now you're going to have to do that.

Quit posting b/s.

And a VPN wouldn't protect you from the inevitable s*** storm from Comcast.
#PCMR

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
1 month ago#39
I live in communist Canada so I'm protected from you capitalist pigs.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: yars

yars
1 month ago#40
hey everyone. remember in 2014 and earlier when steam was $9.99 a month?
My whole life has been a miserable pig filled ordeal because of you.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Would you pay $9.99 a month for Steam?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived