This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want to max out any modern game at 1080p @60fps....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I want to max out any modern game at 1080p @60fps....

User Info: castrejon04

castrejon04
4 weeks ago#1
with at least 2X AA or higher. What would be the bare minimum GPU to get to do this?
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa

User Info: CommunismFTW

CommunismFTW
4 weeks ago#2
Probably a 1070 if you're adamant about that AA at 60fps.
Since only from below can one better see the heights.
http://i.imgur.com/OhZgm.jpg

User Info: Mr kitty

Mr kitty
4 weeks ago#3
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeapGamingMedia

User Info: Otimus

Otimus
4 weeks ago#4
It really depends on how much of a stickler you are about it having to be EVERY SINGLE GAME and EVERY SINGLE SETTING ABSOLUTELY maxed out.

Like, even with no AA, maxing out grass (and some other stuff!) in GTA V, for example, at 1080p, can tank most extremely high end cards for pretty much no real benefit.
Now Playing
Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)

User Info: Ryzeki

Ryzeki
4 weeks ago#5
Hmmm due to very very few games I have encountered that are very hard to run maxed with AA, i'd even say a 1080? But the 1070 might be the best value on that. I think only deus ex mankind divided was that hard to run.
MSI GT73VR - Core i7 6th gen @4.1Ghz | | 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4 || 128GB PCIe SSD + 1TB SATA SSD || GTX1080 || 1080P@120hz

User Info: Shinkoden

Shinkoden
4 weeks ago#6
IMO a 1060 6GB should do the trick, maybe a 1070 just to be safe. Though I personally am willing to turn some stuff down and you might not be so it's hard to say.

User Info: Cards_and_Hats

Cards_and_Hats
4 weeks ago#7
1060 6GB

if you care about the 5% of games that you have to turn down the setting on, then go with a 1070 instead

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
4 weeks ago#8
1060 easily. 1070 if you want it at 1440p
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
4 weeks ago#9
a 1070 is major overkill for 1080/60..... My 290 still does 1080/60
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: lightningbugx

lightningbugx
4 weeks ago#10
I upgraded an acquaintance's PC to having a GTX 1060 6GB so he call handle American Truck Simulator (latest one) at near max settings. The system had a Sandy Bridge i5, and it manages around 50FPS. He is retired, but he used to drive trucks around in his day. It had a GTX 950 and was complaining about the power lines flickering, so he needed max settings. The 950 was pushing around 28 FPS.
Ryzen 1800X, 16GB 3600 MHz CAS15 DDR4, 2x Radeon Vega 56, GA-AX370-Gaming K7
x86 is holding back PCs.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I want to max out any modern game at 1080p @60fps....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived