This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want to max out any modern game at 1080p @60fps....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I want to max out any modern game at 1080p @60fps....

User Info: KaiRyusaki

KaiRyusaki
1 month ago#21
I have a 1060 3GB and I couldn't max my fps in Rise of Tomb Raider would drop to 45 at max settings (using High Textures, Very High Textures specifically says more than 4GB of vram in-game)

So either a 1070, or 1060 6GB i don't know which

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
1 month ago#22
CommunismFTW posted...
Probably a 1070 if you're adamant about that AA at 60fps.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
1 month ago#23
Even an i7 8700k & 1080 Ti can't do this with 100% of current games; there will always be horribly optimized games that won't run smoothly no matter what.

A 1060 6GB will do this with 95% of current games. A 1070 will get it in 99.9% of games. But 60fps on max settings in 100% of all PC games is flat-out impossible.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: quinikk

quinikk
1 month ago#24
Boge posted...
Is there actually hardware that will max out EVERY SINGLE GAME, ever setting with AA? Some games are just trash and won't run good on any hardware, even games from 10+ years ago. I don't know if GTA IV will run 60fps at all times at maxed settings, or Ark, or Everquest II.

Some games are just broken but at that point nothing can be done really. It still helps to have hardware that cam overpower most games. If a game is so broken, you'll hear everyone talk about it anyway.
Just let it go, alright.

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
1 month ago#25
I'd go with a GTX 1080, even though it might seem like overkill, but there are some piss poor optimized games like Assassin's Creed Syndicate that would probably give it trouble at max settings at 1080p@60fps, so if you want to be all inclusive when you say modern games, gtx 1080 is the way to go as far as minimums.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
1 month ago#26
Absolutely nothing can run the PC port of Saints Row 2 without stuttering or random crashes.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: myztikrice

myztikrice
1 month ago#27
1080ti
"Why are you always smiling?"
"'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical."

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
1 month ago#28

User Info: castrejon04

castrejon04
1 month ago#29
So if I get this card:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137117
MSI Radeon RX 580

with my 3570K OC at 4.2 Ghz on Windows 7 Ultimate, would I be able to run games like Assasins's Creed Origins on almost anything maxed out at 1080p running at 60fps, and rendered nicer than Xbox One X?
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa

User Info: kindofagrump

kindofagrump
1 month ago#30
castrejon04 posted...
So if I get this card:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137117
MSI Radeon RX 580

with my 3570K OC at 4.2 Ghz on Windows 7 Ultimate, would I be able to run games like Assasins's Creed Origins on almost anything maxed out at 1080p running at 60fps, and rendered nicer than Xbox One X?

Probably not. I googled and benchmarks show the 580 getting something around 61 FPS on AC Origins on Medium, and that's with newer CPUs.

Probably would look better than an XBOX One, though
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I want to max out any modern game at 1080p @60fps....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived