This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nonviolent games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nonviolent games

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
4 weeks ago#41
You might find Undertale an interesting option, depending on your reasons behind avoiding violence. While you may choose to be violent, one of the game's major themes is an examination/deconstruction of the use of violence in the context of a video game, which might be even more valuable than just avoiding violence. While the monsters attack you, it's heavily implied that, in most cases, the monsters don't realize that the magic they're using can harm you. There's only a handful of monsters who actually want to hurt you. Almost Every encounter can be solved peacefully, and the tagline is "the video game where nobody has to die." There are two bosses you DO have to attack if you want to defeat them, but the plot justifies this-- it's in self-defense in both cases-- you can choose to not kill them, and the violence is very abstract and not at all graphic.

As for other games that haven't yet been mentioned, how about Mini Metro, Recettear (if you avoid dungeon crawling), or Slime Rancher (you can melt Tarr with water and some slimes eat chickens, but it's very much G-rated)?
I wish I made $400k a year to spam Twitter with nonsense and go golfing in Florida every other weekend....

User Info: CrestedTax

CrestedTax
4 weeks ago#42
loader963 posted...

Rocket league- fun soccer with cars but the community is starting to get a bit toxic

Rocket League is a great game but it has the biggest rage quitting community I have ever seen. It's ridiculous.
FC 5172-3452-9992

User Info: ReeNoiP

ReeNoiP
4 weeks ago#43
Seaons after fall is a good puzzle platformer IMO.
VVVVVV has some violence in the sense that you can fall on a spike and die, but the death animation is just your avatar making a sad face.

You can also look into city builders and similar stuff. Cities skylines, Cities in motion etc.
I'm sure there are other x-simulator games you can give a try, including non-war flight sims. Farming simulator also seems very popular.
---

User Info: loader963

loader963
4 weeks ago#44
CrestedTax posted...

Rocket League is a great game but it has the biggest rage quitting community I have ever seen. It's ridiculous.

At least rage quitters leave. I'd rather get one of those rather than the "wow" spammers who steals the ball from a TM, sets up an easy pass for the opponents and then spams "wow" 10 more times cuz noone could save the shot that should've never been!!!
I can be patient, but I'm not waiting!

User Info: Borticus1

Borticus1
4 weeks ago#45
My wife was playing Stardew Valley as I played Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. It's amazing how much overlap there was in the game mechanics, just different emphasis.

Since I assume you don't want casual games like Peggle or Bejewelled, try The Witness.
"Your superior intellects are no match for our puny weapons" - Kang

User Info: Ghost_Turtle

Ghost_Turtle
4 weeks ago#46
CrestedTax posted...
loader963 posted...

Rocket league- fun soccer with cars but the community is starting to get a bit toxic

TC thinks Stardew Valley is violent. RL you can blow folks up.......lmao
Rofl House

User Info: DynamicD

DynamicD
4 weeks ago#47
daemon_dan posted...
DynamicD posted...
Doki Doki Literature Club. It's literally a story where everyone gets a happy ending, the main character doesn't harm anyone..., and you'll be sad letting go of the characters

Bro. Don't do that to someone.
But it's true though.
😂😁😀😃😐😑😕😦😧😥😰😵😭Monika!
Hi, 30 min ago I just beat the fudge out of my dick so gosh damn hard that I can't feel my left leg. My left leg is numb af.
Official Theme Song #18: Heroes
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nonviolent games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived