This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can an XBONE pad be used on PC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can an XBONE pad be used on PC?

User Info: kentuckybob

kentuckybob
1 month ago#1
And if so is it better or worse than the PS4 or steam controller?
"You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?"

User Info: Mr kitty

Mr kitty
1 month ago#2
It work well, except I hate the clicky dpad, because it's unusable for fighters.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeapGamingMedia

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
1 month ago#3
I find the switch pro pad best as it has same button layout as the xbone one. Then ps4 pad is best then xbone- although xbones compatibility and button combination works best out the box on pc
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

User Info: pipebomb_phil

pipebomb_phil
1 month ago#4
Jonbazookaboz posted...
I find the switch pro pad best as it has same button layout as the xbone one. Then ps4 pad is best then xbone- although xbones compatibility and button combination works best out the box on pc

Doesn't the Switch Pro Pad have digital triggers instead of analog?

Anyways, you can't go wrong with either the Xbox One controller or the PS4 controller. The only things I don't like about the Xbox One controller are the clicky shoulder buttons. Hopefully newer ones aren't as clickly.
#pipebomb_phil
http://i.imgur.com/atWQoAs.gif

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#5
Jonbazookaboz posted...

Dpad is s***, otherwise its a nice controller minus the digital triggers. I enjoy the DS4 more though. Much more versatile and my go to pad.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Boge

Boge
1 month ago#6
Dpad works fine for the Xbox controller, just not for primary controls, like platform games or emulators.

I think it's the best controller, for the price at least. Button maps are correct in all games. It works without any special software or configurations. Get the Xbox One S controller with bluetooth and wirelessly connect it with ease with a dongle or other bluetooth connection on your PC. The only real issue is the batteries. You need batteries for wireless use where the PS4 controller is built in. You can plug in a wire and use it wired if you want, but those damned micro USB connections are s***e. Switch controller doesn't have analog triggers.
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#7
Boge posted...
Dpad works fine for the Xbox controller, just not for primary controls, like platform games or emulators.

I think it's the best controller, for the price at least. Button maps are correct in all games. It works without any special software or configurations. Get the Xbox One S controller with bluetooth and wirelessly connect it with ease with a dongle or other bluetooth connection on your PC. The only real issue is the batteries. You need batteries for wireless use where the PS4 controller is built in. You can plug in a wire and use it wired if you want, but those damned micro USB connections are s***e. Switch controller doesn't have analog triggers.

Button maps is my only issue with the DS4. Still the DS4 can be used on my PS4, PS3, and PC. While if I got the xbox pad, its only gonna be usable on the PC.
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
1 month ago#8
Never liked the PS split dpads. Give me the XBone dpad any day of the century. or better yet, rip off the mini stick from the neogeo pocket color.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: ImaPC

ImaPC
1 month ago#9
Xbox One controller is the best overall. It just works with no hassle and max compatibility.

The Dpad is good and better than the 360's. I can pull off all inputs on it just as easily as I can on other pads. Triggers and shoulder buttons are really nice on it also. The placement and shape of the buttons are perfect.

The only negatives you might find with it, is the stick placement, if you really like the Playstation layout, and that they use AA batteries.

Both of those are positives for me though. I always hated the Playstation stick layout, and the batteries are very nice to use. Like my PS4 controller can barely make it over 3 hours on a charge, and that's with rumble turned off. My Xbox One controller can easily go over 30-40 hours, again with rumble turned off. Super quick to switch out the batteries, and it's just much more convenient.

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#10
ImaPC posted...
Xbox One controller is the best overall. It just works with no hassle and max compatibility.

The Dpad is good and better than the 360's. I can pull off all inputs on it just as easily as I can on other pads. Triggers and shoulder buttons are really nice on it also. The placement and shape of the buttons are perfect.

The only negatives you might find with it, is the stick placement, if you really like the Playstation layout, and that they use AA batteries.

Both of those are positives for me though. I always hated the Playstation stick layout, and the batteries are very nice to use. Like my PS4 controller can barely make it over 3 hours on a charge, and that's with rumble turned off. My Xbox One controller can easily go over 30-40 hours, again with rumble turned off. Super quick to switch out the batteries, and it's just much more convenient.

I'm fine with either one with stick placements. The battery thing is stupid though.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can an XBONE pad be used on PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived