This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are the good mech games out there now?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are the good mech games out there now?

User Info: wantfastcars

wantfastcars
4 weeks ago#11
If you like the zippy, anime-style mech stuff too, you could check out Project Nimbus.
Now Playing: Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2
Now, let's count up your sins!

User Info: Superemppu

Superemppu
4 weeks ago#12
tearast posted...
Hypermass91 posted...
Thanks for the suggestions! Yeah, it's really sad the state of mech games on the PC.

I just can't stand to spend $20 for a single mech in MWO. I will check out Brigador and MAV. I am looking more for that pilot experince so I will likely pick up MAV since it's pretty cheap.

Is it on Steam?

$20 is a pretty good deal. Other similar games in different settings like World of Warships have ships for $80-$200.

No, it's not. Just because something vaguely similar is even more expensive, doesn't make a ridiculously expensive thing a good deal.

Now on topic, I'm really craving for a game in the vein of old school armored core games, with an actual single player campaign, arena fights against AI and people, lots of parts and freedom to build all kinds of silly stuff, tons of customization and most importantly not being ridiculously grindy with the ability to buy yourself into power, like crossout for example. Holy hell it's a slog just to get a single equip above the starting crap.
If brute force doesn't fix the problem, you're not using enough of it.

User Info: Kharillle

Kharillle
4 weeks ago#13
Well, what mech games have you played?
No time for games so I twitch. Youtube is good. Two monitors at any one time. My graphics card ist krap.

User Info: Borticus1

Borticus1
4 weeks ago#14
I miss Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries. I've been thinking about trying to find my old CDs and see if the game still works.
"Your superior intellects are no match for our puny weapons" - Kang

User Info: Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon
4 weeks ago#15
Would Titanfall 2 not fit the bill? I haven't played the multiplayer, but the single player is good, though short.
I'm a PC and console gamer - I love good games, regardless of their host system.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/

User Info: tearast

tearast
4 weeks ago#16
Superemppu posted...
tearast posted...
Hypermass91 posted...
Thanks for the suggestions! Yeah, it's really sad the state of mech games on the PC.

I just can't stand to spend $20 for a single mech in MWO. I will check out Brigador and MAV. I am looking more for that pilot experince so I will likely pick up MAV since it's pretty cheap.

Is it on Steam?

$20 is a pretty good deal. Other similar games in different settings like World of Warships have ships for $80-$200.

No, it's not. Just because something vaguely similar is even more expensive, doesn't make a ridiculously expensive thing a good deal.

Now on topic, I'm really craving for a game in the vein of old school armored core games, with an actual single player campaign, arena fights against AI and people, lots of parts and freedom to build all kinds of silly stuff, tons of customization and most importantly not being ridiculously grindy with the ability to buy yourself into power, like crossout for example. Holy hell it's a slog just to get a single equip above the starting crap.

Vaguely similar? It's literally the exact same thing but reskinned.

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
4 weeks ago#17
Sadly for what ever reason there really aren't any.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
4 weeks ago#18
Armored Core 2 is still the best mech game imo, just wish I could like import the controls of armored core 4 into it or something.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

User Info: TheSmilingLord

TheSmilingLord
4 weeks ago#19
I honestly can't suggest MWO myself despite the fact I'm always playing it.
Gamertag: Ragnarok

User Info: I_suk_at_golf

I_suk_at_golf
4 weeks ago#20
Titanfall 2 is great.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are the good mech games out there now?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived