This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hitman is free right now

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Hitman is free right now

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 month ago#11
DivineWraith posted...
vlado_e posted...
Wutobliteration posted...
isnt hard to google...

I got a bunch of hits for "free trial", the Paris episode being free over Christmas and others just related to Hitman. So, yeah, it isn't hard but the information can still be non-secific.

steam of course

Why "of course"? The comment you were replying to listed four different locations and there could be more, like HumbleBundle or others. So it's a bit hard to "of course" be Steam when it could be free on many other places, as well.

For some people, half-assed effort is the best they can manage. Guess this one got lazy while barely trying.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/236870/announcements/detail/2784778964071057303

There's the official announcement. 2nd paragraph has the important bits.

To be fair, all TC had to add was "on Steam" to the end of his topic title - was typing those 7 extra letters too strenuous?
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: darkus_f

darkus_f
1 month ago#12
Tag
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
1 month ago#13
JKatarn posted...
was typing those 7 extra letters too strenuous?

Hitting the space bar twice can be murder on people with severe thumb strain. :-/
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
1 month ago#14
DivineWraith posted...
half-assed effort is the best they can manage

I feel you're describing OP there.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: Stallion_Prime

Stallion_Prime
1 month ago#15
If you are gonna make a post about it, you really should post a link and not pull out the lazy google card in a s*** attempt at defending yourself.
-Hunter1534
http://abload.de/img/powercdkcb.gif

User Info: M0NSTER_

M0NSTER_
1 month ago#16
It is actually free on PS4, XBOX ONE & Steam. Unlike what someone mentioned earlier, once you download it, it is yours to keep permanently.
TES Relevant Info Doc: https://goo.gl/hyMPm9

User Info: anonymous46773

anonymous46773
1 month ago#17
M0NSTER_ posted...
It is actually free on PS4, XBOX ONE & Steam. Unlike what someone mentioned earlier, once you download it, it is yours to keep permanently.

I clicked play on Steam, but once I uninstalled it, it disappeared from my library. Do I just need to keep it installed and never uninstall it?
The base of a lighthouse is ever dark.

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
1 month ago#18
JKatarn posted...

To be fair, all TC had to add was "on Steam" to the end of his topic title - was typing those 7 extra letters too strenuous?

Indeed. TC gets a +1 for free game attention -1 for being too lazy to provide link, so it's a wash.

User Info: M0NSTER_

M0NSTER_
1 month ago#19
anonymous46773 posted...
M0NSTER_ posted...

I clicked play on Steam, but once I uninstalled it, it disappeared from my library. Do I just need to keep it installed and never uninstall it?

Not sure perhaps a glitch on steam.

On December 15th, we will release the Hitman Holiday Pack that will allow anyone on PC, PS4 or Xbox One full access to our Paris destination. This FREE download will include the first major story mission from the game, ‘Showstopper’, plus all of the Escalation Contracts we’ve released for Paris, our ‘Holiday Hoarders’ mission plus the Paris Challenge Packs and achievements/trophies too! It will also allow you to play the future re-activated Elusive Targets in Paris.

Sound like a good deal? It is. That’s why the Hitman Holiday Pack is only available for a limited time, from December 15th to January 5th. Once you’ve downloaded it, Paris is yours to keep permanently.

https://www.ioi.dk/happy-hitman-holiday/
TES Relevant Info Doc: https://goo.gl/hyMPm9

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
1 month ago#20
M0NSTER_ posted...
Once you’ve downloaded it, Paris is yours to keep permanently.

The Devil's Advocate in me keeps pointing out that saying "yours to keep permanently" isn't exactly the same as saying, "a permanent part of your Steam library" and as such isn't a guarantee that you can reacquire the content at a later date if you should uninstall it.

anonymous46773 posted...
M0NSTER_ posted...

Check your licenses in your account settings. It ought to show up there as "HITMAN™ - Holiday Pack," list the acquisition method as "Complimentary," and give you the option of removing the license.

From what I can tell, the Steam client has a very hit or miss method of determining whether or not "Complimentary" software is actually part of your library. Titles like Tree of Savior and Marvel Heroes won't show up yet titles like Outland and Fallout will, and as Outland and Fallout have purchase prices while Marvel Heroes and Tree of Savior are free to pay I suspect that it's primarily 100% software that won't show up in your library once uninstalled and in spite of any license(s) you may still have to/for it.

That being the case, then the current Hitman deal is likely a 100% free offer, and that means that in the best case the option to acquire will be disabled on its Steam store page while in the worst case the page will get pulled entirely. In the latter case the situation goes back to my Devil's Advocate statement as reacquiring the content without the store page might end up being a b**** and a half.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Hitman is free right now

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived