This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help Please screen tearing issue on clone display

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help Please screen tearing issue on clone display

User Info: HarryMaySin

HarryMaySin
4 weeks ago#1
Hello everyone I am running a dual monitor (clone display) setup in my room. i have a 65 inch 60 hz tv cloned to match my monitor so i can lay down and play my games in my bed.

However i notice the 65 inch screen has a lot of screen tearing when things move, and it also seems not as smooth as my main tv/monitor?? I dont know why... they are both 60 hz so its not like my monitor is technically superior right?

i tried disabling / enabling vsync but it doesnt change anything.

please help

ty

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
4 weeks ago#2
Man, but I could NEVER fix this. :/

Eventually, I just stopped using cloned displays, and whenever I wanna play on my TV, I just set it as my active display. When I'm done, I change it back to my monitor.

Even though both are 60hz here too, it feels like my TV can't "keep up" with my monitor.
Harvest Moon on Steam? Really? http://store.steampowered.com/app/585900/Harvest_Moon_Light_of_Hope/
May not be a "real" HM, but it does look fun.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
4 weeks ago#3
Your tv is not a gaming monitor and does not have the capacity most likely to keep up. It's for watching tv which usually has a 30fps or lower.

Depends on your tv and the brand and what features it has just cause it's 1080p or 4k doesn't mean it's a good tv for gaming.

Granted some tv's are better it just depends on what you have. Monitors are ment for gaming that's why you have extra features and costs more.

Try enabling gsync or vsync on the games options. If that does not work try if you tv has a gaming mode turn that on.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

HarryMaySin
4 weeks ago#4
mucloud posted...
Your tv is not a gaming monitor and does not have the capacity most likely to keep up. It's for watching tv which usually has a 30fps or lower.

Depends on your tv and the brand and what features it has just cause it's 1080p or 4k doesn't mean it's a good tv for gaming.

Granted some tv's are better it just depends on what you have. Monitors are ment for gaming that's why you have extra features and costs more.

Try enabling gsync or vsync on the games options. If that does not work try if you tv has a gaming mode turn that on.

but my main "monitor" is a 60 hz samsung 40 inch "tv" and it doesnt have these issues?

is it worth noting that the tv thats having issues is onbly using a "standard hdmi cable".. do i need to use a hdmi 2.0 cable to see the full benefits/best quality?

its an LG tv and i thought LG tvs were pretty good, at least according to reviews and stuff.. i actually also had an old LG and really enjoyed it.. so i dont think its a crappy tv or anything.

im not expecting it to look like a 144hz image or anything i just want my 65 inch tv to look as good as my 40 inch tv.

its weird because it seems to happen worse in certain games.

for instance: when i was playing bayonetta and south park the other day the games looked pretty dang good, and the screen tearing issue actually did fix itself when i changed bayonetta vsyns to on.

but in gta 5 i get very bad screen tearing no matter what vsync is set to.

also for some reason gta 5 gets a slight input lag on my 65 inch tv, no matter what settings are on. but bayonetta basically runs and looks perfect.

i dont get it.

bayonetta is like a 2008 game lol and it looks better than gta 5 +(

HarryMaySin
4 weeks ago#5
sorry, BUMP. i could use some advice.

i tried every thing i could find on google but still no luck.

u guys think if i upgrade to an hdmi 2.0 cable for the TV it would fix this issue?

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
4 weeks ago#6
Try only using one monitor/TV at a time. Use Win+P to toggle between PC screen only and Second screen only. Running games in borderless windowed mode might help too.
As far as input lag, that's just something you're gonna have to deal with when using a TV as a monitor. If your TV has a game mode, use that, but that's about all you can do.
And an HDMI 2.0 cable isn't gonna do jack s***.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
4 weeks ago#7
mucloud posted...

What a load of BS... a 60hz TV and a 60hz monitor are basically the same thing. I don't know why you even post s*** here, 90% of the time its bs.
7700K@5.0 - 1080 - EVGA 750 - 16GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
4 weeks ago#8
HarryMaySin posted...
mucloud posted...

but my main "monitor" is a 60 hz samsung 40 inch "tv" and it doesnt have these issues?

is it worth noting that the tv thats having issues is onbly using a "standard hdmi cable".. do i need to use a hdmi 2.0 cable to see the full benefits/best quality?

its an LG tv and i thought LG tvs were pretty good, at least according to reviews and stuff.. i actually also had an old LG and really enjoyed it.. so i dont think its a crappy tv or anything.

im not expecting it to look like a 144hz image or anything i just want my 65 inch tv to look as good as my 40 inch tv.

its weird because it seems to happen worse in certain games.

for instance: when i was playing bayonetta and south park the other day the games looked pretty dang good, and the screen tearing issue actually did fix itself when i changed bayonetta vsyns to on.

but in gta 5 i get very bad screen tearing no matter what vsync is set to.

also for some reason gta 5 gets a slight input lag on my 65 inch tv, no matter what settings are on. but bayonetta basically runs and looks perfect.

i dont get it.

bayonetta is like a 2008 game lol and it looks better than gta 5 +(

different games run different... some might have tearing some might not, some might have input lag some might not. If putting your TV in game mode doesnt fix the input lag then you just have a very crappy TV with high input lag, nothing else you can do.

Bayonetta and South Park require like nothing to run so your frame rate is probably might higher which usually eliminates screen tearing.

id suggest going into advanced settings in the resolution section of your PC (right click, display settings or NVIDIA control panel , resolution) and ensure that your TV's are at the same resolution and frequency (hz) id also suggest running the same output type. Also try running the game in Windowed mode which SHOULD help. Also if you have NVIDIA make sure you go into 3d setting and set it to multi display optimization.
7700K@5.0 - 1080 - EVGA 750 - 16GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

HarryMaySin
4 weeks ago#9
ty for the input. i dunno gta5 gets pretty high fps and looks amazing on my main screen but for some reason on the big screen it kinda has the screen tearing. the fps is high but the screen tears only on my 65 inch.

i think ill try buying a higher quality cable for it and see if that helps, other than that ive tried everything. i cant quite find where this multi screen optimization thing is tho. can anyone help?

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
4 weeks ago#10
iemerg_ posted...
mucloud posted...

What a load of BS... a 60hz TV and a 60hz monitor are basically the same thing. I don't know why you even post s*** here, 90% of the time its bs.

No they are not the same thing what I stated was not BS, what you just stated is BS.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help Please screen tearing issue on clone display

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived