This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Got a gaming pc for the first time in my life, anything I should know?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Got a gaming pc for the first time in my life, anything I should know?

User Info: ManuKesna

ManuKesna
4 weeks ago#1
I have always had a laptop for work purpose but it died and decided to get a gaming pc, do you guys use your pc for both work and gaming?
Also, besides Steam, what other platform should I have? Origin? Any recommendations?
Last question, I have a PS4 and a Switch, what games that are not in those consoles do you recommend? No LoL or DOTA please. I might get PUBG and Overwatch since I liked the latter one for PS4 but I can see that the support is way better for the PC version, it will take me a while to get used to playing with a mouse tho lol
Hi

User Info: Charged151

Charged151
4 weeks ago#2
I recommend looking in other places besides Steam for deals. One way to do it is to use this site.

https://www.cheapshark.com/

Type in a game you want, it will give you multiple sites that have it and what they are charging for it. Sign up for alerts, and it will let you know when the game in question is discounted.

Also, plenty of games are actually played better with a controller anyway. Only strategy games and shooters generally are better with a mouse.
I'm...the...official...master...of...ellipses...

User Info: ManuKesna

ManuKesna
4 weeks ago#3
Thanks! I will check out that site.
And yeah, I plan to use mouse and kb for shooters but I have a 360 to use for the rest of the games
Hi
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Got a gaming pc for the first time in my life, anything I should know?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived