This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just upgraded from a 970 gtx to a 1080 ti

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just upgraded from a 970 gtx to a 1080 ti

User Info: VoightKent

VoightKent
1 month ago#11
You should only upgrade GPU when you can't play a new game with your old card, but hey it's your money

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
1 month ago#12
VoightKent posted...
You should only upgrade GPU when you can't play a new game with your old card, but hey it's your money

Lol such bad advice.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
1 month ago#13
I completely understand in terms of games you've played before. I've played games on low before, and then getting new hardware and playing the same game all maxed out. I remember the game feeling choppy but the graphics look the same as when I played it with s*** hardware.
i7-6700K @ Stock | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI 79hz
e7470 | i5-6300U || Surface Pro 2 i5 || OnePlus 5t || iPad Air 2 9.0

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
1 month ago#14
low to ultra isn't that big of a difference these days, low is basically ps4/xbox one so they can't make it too s***ty. medium is basically xbox one x and ps4 pro and usually is a small upgrade over low. then ultra is for gaming PCs, the difference can actually be bigger, but still not that big.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Mitsukiba

Mitsukiba
1 month ago#15
dennis941012 posted...
can I get the used 970? :D

I was just about ask that.
i7-4930k, EVGA X79 Classified, CM V8 GTS, CM Stormtrooper, 16GB HyperX Sav. 1600MHz, EVGA GTX 960 2G, AMD R7 240 SSD, WD Black 1T, CM V750.
My GPU is trash. :(

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
1 month ago#16
Alpreyz posted...
When generations change it is not nearly as game changing as it once was.

^And this is a good thing!

User Info: WhyWontHeFall

WhyWontHeFall
1 month ago#17
Resolution, not settings, is where it's at.

User Info: Mr kitty

Mr kitty
1 month ago#18
I wonder how long it will take from upgrading...

There's a reason why people usually stick to high end chips.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeapGamingMedia

User Info: YukitoRambo

YukitoRambo
1 month ago#19
I for one know how to utilize a 1080ti over 970 specifically for Witcher 3.

HAIRWORKS.

Yes, it's resource-intense. Yes, it kills a lot of FPS.

You can turn everything to ultra AND turn on Hairworks, and still get fluid 1440p/60fps. And since I often come across furry beasts in my travels, it's actually more immersive to have global Hairworks on.
"Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed" - Alexander Pope

User Info: Mitsukiba

Mitsukiba
1 month ago#20
YukitoRambo posted...
I for one know how to utilize a 1080ti over 970 specifically for Witcher 3.

HAIRWORKS.

Yes, it's resource-intense. Yes, it kills a lot of FPS.

You can turn everything to ultra AND turn on Hairworks, and still get fluid 1440p/60fps. And since I often come across furry beasts in my travels, it's actually more immersive to have global Hairworks on.

I dun like gameworks.
i7-4930k, EVGA X79 Classified, CM V8 GTS, CM Stormtrooper, 16GB HyperX Sav. 1600MHz, EVGA GTX 960 2G, AMD R7 240 SSD, WD Black 1T, CM V750.
My GPU is trash. :(
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just upgraded from a 970 gtx to a 1080 ti

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived