This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC gaming 1 month, everything was perfect until 1709 update, go back to PS4?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC gaming 1 month, everything was perfect until 1709 update, go back to PS4?

User Info: lorac94

lorac94
4 weeks ago#1
I got the Dell 7567 i5 7300HQ 1050ti 4gb back in November for $700.

Bought the Dell 7577 i5 7300HQ 1060 Max Q 6BG for $700 after price matching Cotsco's sale coming next Friday.

I downloaded the W10 1709 update and it totally ruined my PC. After constant reinstalling, the problems persist. The settings app freezes and the internet browser either don't respond or is extremely slow to react. Using my $200 chromebook from 2015 no problem. Anyways, I'm refunding my Dell 7567 since my purchase is still eligible for holiday returns. I was excited for my new laptop coming, but the idea that an update can easily ruin my experience is scary and aggravating. I wanted an all in one device to game, work, school, etc. But Windows seems unstable.

User Info: BaldursGate

BaldursGate
4 weeks ago#2
Did contacting support or reinstalling windows 10 never occur to you? I know it's frustrating to do that, but we've all been in similar positions.

User Info: MrSprings

MrSprings
4 weeks ago#3
Maybe you'll not buy anything from Dell in the future then?
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist."- GC

User Info: good_mangorush

good_mangorush
4 weeks ago#4
Maybe you'll not use Windows 10 in the future then?
The Truth Has Set Me Free!

User Info: KURRUPTOR

KURRUPTOR
4 weeks ago#5
Just wait until win10 is done with the beta testing. Use win7 for now friend.
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.

User Info: ablerider

ablerider
4 weeks ago#6
You could try a system restore to a previous date, one of the W8 messed up my PCa while ago but that fixed it and make sure you turn off auto updates after that.

User Info: Terrorknight3

Terrorknight3
4 weeks ago#7
lorac94 posted...

Bought the Dell 7577 i5 7300HQ 1060 Max Q 6BG for $700 after price matching Cotsco's sale coming next Friday.

I downloaded the W10 1709 update and it totally ruined my PC. After constant reinstalling, the problems persist. The settings app freezes and the internet browser either don't respond or is extremely slow to react. Using my $200 chromebook from 2015 no problem. Anyways, I'm refunding my Dell 7567 since my purchase is still eligible for holiday returns. I was excited for my new laptop coming, but the idea that an update can easily ruin my experience is scary and aggravating. I wanted an all in one device to game, work, school, etc. But Windows seems unstable.

Damn man I am sad that you are not enjoying your 7577. :(

I have the 7567 and no problems on my end. I don't like Windows 10 also btw.

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
4 weeks ago#8
Windows 10 is fine, you kids crying are hilarious. TC take it back get a new one or buy an operating system and learn how to format to a new wipe, its super simple and super effective on prebuilts that are corrupt.
7700K@5.0 - 1080 - EVGA 750 - 16GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
4 weeks ago#9
I had problems with my start menu and apps not opening. Two things I did that finally fixed the problem...

Disable fast startup
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup

Turn off Log in automatically after updates
Settings>Accounts>Sign-in Options>Scroll down and disable "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart."

If you're having problems with the start menu not opening or apps freezing, try right clicking on the start button. It opens a right click dialog box that for whatever reason let the start menu open and it also forced the settings app to temporarily work.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: lorac94

lorac94
4 weeks ago#10
Terrorknight3 posted...
lorac94 posted...

Damn man I am sad that you are not enjoying your 7577. :(

I have the 7567 and no problems on my end. I don't like Windows 10 also btw.

It haven't arrived yet. Coming on Friday. I love my 7567, nothing wrong with the system itself and I believe I'll enjoy the 7577 even more with the 1060, it's just Windows 10. My confidence with it shattered this week. Now, if I decide to stay with the laptop, I'll always feel like I will have an uncertain and unpredictable experience. All I do is game and browse so it's not like I'm downloading tons of programs and whatnot that will cause problems, its just the updates.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC gaming 1 month, everything was perfect until 1709 update, go back to PS4?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived