This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for good laptop cleaning and safe use tips

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for good laptop cleaning and safe use tips

User Info: jeox

jeox
1 month ago#1
Just got an HP Omen. It’s been pretty amazing really. Anyway i looked up proper laptop care and everything that comes up is like don’t eat or drink near it and just keep it dust free (duh)

I’m looking for like proper care in like the settings I’m using, best virus scans, any kind of start up settings I should change around or programs I can download that keep things smooth. Stuff like that. Can anyone help me out?
In a world that works to tear us apart from truth, at least video games bring us together.
PSN: AddyFatty. XBL:FuzzyMoLover

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
1 month ago#2
Just be careful around the laptop with liquid and use any free virus scanner.

I USE Avast any free one will work.

Get malware bytes and that about it.

You can drink near the laptop just drink so that if you go for a grab you knock it to the side not towards it.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
1 month ago#3
Also do not leave your power supply plugged into the laptop if it's on your lap it will put a lot of stress on the power port and it's a b**** to fix.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
1 month ago#4
don't know if the omens have all the bloatware a normal HP laptop does but you can disable all of that if so.

canned air and some electronic wipes should handle keeping it clean

ccleaner, malwarebytes, windirstat, CPU-Z, GPU-Z, HWMonitor, speccy.

all things I find useful for maintenance/spec info/etc...
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: Mad_Mike86

Mad_Mike86
1 month ago#5
Since its an HP, i would do a clean install of Windows with their latest fiasco of having keyloggers.
Malwarebytes and ccleaner should be fine program wise .
"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke
GT - Mad Mike86
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for good laptop cleaning and safe use tips

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived