This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any large scale match-based multiplayer game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any large scale match-based multiplayer game?

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 weeks ago#21
Skyrazer posted...
If OW had like a 12v12 or 16v16 cluster**** mode where you can just herp and derp and spam till your heart's content, I would start playing the game again. As for now though, I just don't have the willpower anymore for 6v6 tryhard modes.

Sounds like we'd all be happier if you played TF2's larger player count servers instead.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
4 weeks ago#22
I'm not sure TC. First game I thought of was BF BC2 but it sounds like you don't like it, then I thought of RTCW, but I don't think you can access servers any more (not sure, I haven't looked into it, thought I read that somewhere).
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
4 weeks ago#23
Orestes417 posted...
Skyrazer posted...
If OW had like a 12v12 or 16v16 cluster**** mode where you can just herp and derp and spam till your heart's content, I would start playing the game again. As for now though, I just don't have the willpower anymore for 6v6 tryhard modes.

Sounds like we'd all be happier if you played TF2's larger player count servers instead.

They still exist? Didn't TF2 ruin everything with its matchmaking system and killed the server scene?

Ikpa_Vatryx posted...
There's Midair, but it's still in Early Access and only up to 16v16. I haven't played it, but its gunplay should be what you're looking for.

Looking at this, this is literally Tribes? I enjoyed Tribes Ascend in concept (but HiRez is good at ruining their potential and look what happened).

Thats actually really interesting. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

The only problem I'm seeing with it is like any actually interesting games, it looks like it has VERY few players... I'll wait until its really released and hope its player base increases then.
SFJake Website - http://sfjake.byethost7.com

Orestes417
4 weeks ago#24
jake-sf posted...
They still exist? Didn't TF2 ruin everything with its matchmaking system and killed the server scene?

TF2 ruined everything with it's hats, but no, community servers still exist. Dunno how many people play them but they're there.

User Info: Skyrazer

Skyrazer
4 weeks ago#25
Orestes417 posted...
Skyrazer posted...

Which is why I still play TF2 despite being over 10 years old and why I got bored of OW within a few months. But good to hear my desires makes everyone unhappy....
Life - A sexually transmitted disease that always results in death.

Orestes417
4 weeks ago#26
Skyrazer posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Skyrazer posted...

Which is why I still play TF2 despite being over 10 years old and why I got bored of OW within a few months. But good to hear my desires makes everyone unhappy....

Here's the long and short of it. Instead of complaining about how a game isn't what they want to play EVERYONE should simply spend their time playing the games that ARE what they want to play. That way the game's populations would ideally only consist of people who want to be there for what's on offer and thus lead to a more pleasant experience for all. If people want to play Overwatch like TF2 then they should really go play TF2 instead. If people want to play TF2 like Overwatch the same thing applies.

And developers, they should stop trying to cater to significantly different audiences at the expense of the core game.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any large scale match-based multiplayer game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived