This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't care about Net Neutrality

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't care about Net Neutrality

User Info: tearast

tearast
4 weeks ago#11
Voidgolem posted...
tearast posted...
Voidgolem posted...
tearast posted...
These Obama rules have only been in place since 2015, the internet was fine before without them for decades. Reddit is full of commies so it's no surprise they worship anti-innovation pro-government regulations.

we've had NN rules in some form or another since 2004 or so. The 2015 regulation was because Verizon sued to get the previous set rescinded.

The internet was fine before 2004. That's when the largest innovations took place, thanks to the free market and lack of government intervention.

the "largest innovations" mostly consisted of actually building the network and then doing nothing with it, which is why every other goddamn developed country has -better- internet than the US does -.-

oh, and pocketing a ~4B grant for putting fiber in instead of actually putting fiber in.

When was eBay created? Google? email? instant messaging? Need I go on?

User Info: Alisa

Alisa
4 weeks ago#12
Voidgolem posted...
tearast posted...
Voidgolem posted...
tearast posted...
These Obama rules have only been in place since 2015, the internet was fine before without them for decades. Reddit is full of commies so it's no surprise they worship anti-innovation pro-government regulations.

we've had NN rules in some form or another since 2004 or so. The 2015 regulation was because Verizon sued to get the previous set rescinded.

The internet was fine before 2004. That's when the largest innovations took place, thanks to the free market and lack of government intervention.

the "largest innovations" mostly consisted of actually building the network and then doing nothing with it, which is why every other goddamn developed country has -better- internet than the US does -.-

oh, and pocketing a ~4B grant for putting fiber in instead of actually putting fiber in.

Australia is vastly worse than the US tho internet wise.
PC and Nintendo Switch is the best way to go folks.
Official Alisa Bosconovitch of the Tekken 7 Boards, Ikibasu!

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
4 weeks ago#13
tearast posted...

none of which are ISP-related and thus irrelevant to the subject of Net Neutrality. Do demonstrate your ignorance of the subject just a little harder, why dontcha?

though I guess if comcast wants to make their own off-brand Skype competitor and then throttle the s*** out of Skype they can do that now.

HERE, ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN:

Your examples of innovation are site on the internet: This is not what "net neutrality" has any effect on. NN says an internet provider - E.G. Verizon, Comcast, AT&T, and etc, don't get to throttle or restrict legal traffic in odd ways.

IT DOES NOT MEAN: They can't offer better services for better prices (e.g. the data cap setup or limiting your speeds -across the board-)

IT DOES NOT MEAN: people can't make websites and whatnot.

IT DOES MEAN: WITH NN GONE: oops you get to pay an extra bunch of money a month for s*** you already had. For almost literally no reason beyond Pai wanted money.

This wouldn't even be a debate if telecoms weren't throwing money at it.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
4 weeks ago#14
Lmao @ the notion this will make "no lifers" suddenly get some sunlight.
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.

User Info: tearast

tearast
4 weeks ago#15
Voidgolem posted...
tearast posted...

none of which are ISP-related and thus irrelevant to the subject of Net Neutrality. Do demonstrate your ignorance of the subject just a little harder, why dontcha?

though I guess if comcast wants to make their own off-brand Skype competitor and then throttle the s*** out of Skype they can do that now.

You clearly fail to understand even the basics of NN.

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
4 weeks ago#16
tearast posted...
Voidgolem posted...
tearast posted...

You clearly fail to understand even the basics of NN.

Elucidate the matter, then, mister obvious troll.

Because I've listed off the basics above in terminology anyone with an IQ above room temperature could understand.

again, your examples of innovation are Ebay, email, instant messanger: Net Neutrality has literally nothing to do with these aside from the case of "ISP can't give them dialup-level transmission rates in otherwise-standard service in order to extort money": something the ISPS were doing before the rules were put into place (as that's why the rules became a thing).

like, this is 101-level stuff, only excuse for not knowing it is trolling or willful stupidity.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 weeks ago#17
What sucks is Australia used to suck with internet, now its america that's gonna be the one that sucks.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 weeks ago#18
Voidgolem posted...
like, this is 101-level stuff, only excuse for not knowing it is trolling or willful stupidity.

This is GameFAQs - it's probably a little of both. I would honestly just put Tearast on ignore, he's another obvious troll.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: ThisIsAKnoife

ThisIsAKnoife
4 weeks ago#19
Alisa posted...
tearast posted...
Voidgolem posted...
tearast posted...

Second Life started in 2003. We haven't seen anything like that since. :( Probably cause of Net Neutrality.

second life started before NN was a thing? by god, this is by far the most important reason that we need NN god help us all...
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius.

User Info: -GhosT-

-GhosT-
4 weeks ago#20
Orestes417 posted...
It means precisely none of that.
I'm A Man of Principles, Damn Near Invincible
www.twitch.tv/GilgameshGG
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't care about Net Neutrality

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived