This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't care about Net Neutrality

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't care about Net Neutrality

User Info: JustAndrew88

JustAndrew88
4 weeks ago#31
-GhosT- posted...
Because Alisa has absolutely no grasp that they're trying to rationalize giving away their RIGHT to internet freedom, and thinking people who depend on Net Neutrality, and thrive from it, are idiots for trying to defend that right.

It really shows how the internet lets people with little to no knowledgeability of a topic feel like they can engage in a conversation with OPINIONS and still feel like they're on an equal ground, and even worse, think that they're contributing to the topic.

I wish there was a way to simply gauge people's ignorance before engaging them on something, instead of having to wade through oceans of their bulls*** to get to the conclusion that they, in fact, know nothing of the topic at hand. One can wish, right?

If only it were that easy. It really drives me mad when people think they know everything about something when they clearly know jack s***. And as much as I love the internet it is one massive downfall of it that people can just spread their bulls*** far and wide with no proof backing them up.
You don't understand. Edgar is the one in the hole.

User Info: tearast

tearast
4 weeks ago#32
-GhosT- posted...
Because Alisa has absolutely no grasp that they're trying to rationalize giving away their RIGHT to internet freedom, and thinking people who depend on Net Neutrality, and thrive from it, are idiots for trying to defend that right.

It really shows how the internet lets people with little to no knowledgeability of a topic feel like they can engage in a conversation with OPINIONS and still feel like they're on an equal ground, and even worse, think that they're contributing to the topic.

I wish there was a way to simply gauge people's ignorance before engaging them on something, instead of having to wade through oceans of their bulls*** to get to the conclusion that they, in fact, know nothing of the topic at hand. One can wish, right?

Freedom? NN FORCES companies to do what the GOVERNMENT tells them to do. It's their product, they should have the FREEDOM to do whatever they want before selling it and you have the FREEDOM to not buy it if you so choose. It's called a free market, basic economics. NN is the exact opposite of freedom, it is big government and regulations. You have no right to tell companies how to make their own product.

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
4 weeks ago#33
Alisa posted...

Internet freedom is still here. I prefer paying one price instead 34233253767 memberships

You can thank net neutrality for your one price.

unless you're confusing subscription services with ISP package deals, in which case you're an idiot and I hope you enjoy having to pay money to comcast to get Youtube in addition to paying Youtube for Youtube Red.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

JustAndrew88
4 weeks ago#34
tearast posted...
Freedom? NN FORCES companies to do what the GOVERNMENT tells them to do. It's their product, they should have the FREEDOM to do whatever they want before selling it and you have the FREEDOM to not buy it if you so choose. It's called a free market, basic economics. NN is the exact opposite of freedom, it is big government and regulations. You have no right to tell companies how to make their own product.

You are a complete fool. These companies used their power to throttle and block things they did not like in the past. LAWFUL CONTENT, mind you. This is 100 % against everything we stand for. When the FCC attempted to take them to court over it the FCC lost because they did not have the right to regulate them. Which eventually led to the very light touch Title II placement so that they could now tell them legally they may not block lawful content, they may not throttle content, they may not do any of the shady f***ing s*** that they had been doing. And they pitched a god damn fit about it because they want to be able to shove a giant d**** up our ass and charge us money for it.

Voidgolem
4 weeks ago#35
tearast posted...

the free market doesn't work with something that actually requires infrastructure.

how does a competitor compete when they have to come to an agreement with existing providers in order to get the network to be a network? Explain.

oh wait, you didn't think that far ahead, because you people never do.

User Info: Alisa

Alisa
4 weeks ago#36
Voidgolem posted...
Alisa posted...

Internet freedom is still here. I prefer paying one price instead 34233253767 memberships

You can thank net neutrality for your one price.

unless you're confusing subscription services with ISP package deals, in which case you're an idiot and I hope you enjoy having to pay money to comcast to get Youtube in addition to paying Youtube for Youtube Red.

Royalties? If Comcast put YouTube in your package, Google should get money from that...

There's no need for extra prices. No net neutrality is usually compared with cable TV. No extra payments there.
PC and Nintendo Switch is the best way to go folks.
Official Alisa Bosconovitch of the Tekken 7 Boards, Ikibasu!

tearast
4 weeks ago#37
JustAndrew88 posted...
tearast posted...

You are a complete fool. These companies used their power to throttle and block things they did not like in the past. LAWFUL CONTENT, mind you. This is 100 % against everything we stand for. When the FCC attempted to take them to court over it the FCC lost because they did not have the right to regulate them. Which eventually led to the very light touch Title II placement so that they could now tell them legally they may not block lawful content, they may not throttle content, they may not do any of the shady f***ing s*** that they had been doing. And they pitched a god damn fit about it because they want to be able to shove a giant d**** up our ass and charge us money for it.

And? It's their product, they're not forcing you to pay for it. You CHOOSE to pay for it. Start your own business and offer something better if you think you're better than them. And if your product does turn out to be better, you will sell more and become more successful than them. That's the magic of the free market and competition.

tearast
4 weeks ago#38
Voidgolem posted...
tearast posted...

the free market doesn't work with something that actually requires infrastructure.

how does a competitor compete when they have to come to an agreement with existing providers in order to get the network to be a network? Explain.

oh wait, you didn't think that far ahead, because you people never do.

So they BOUGHT that infrastructure and OWN it. Who are you to tell them to do what they want to their OWN property? This isn't communist America and will never be.

JustAndrew88
4 weeks ago#39
tearast posted...
And? It's their product, they're not forcing you to pay for it. You CHOOSE to pay for it. Start your own business and offer something better if you think you're better than them. And if your product does turn out to be better, you will sell more and become more successful than them. That's the magic of the free market and competition.

That's not at all how it works. They have sued multiple cities to prevent competition from springing up. This is 100 % in their favor and there is no competition to choose from as roughly 78 % of people have 1 choice of ISP. When it's 1 choice or no internet you have no other option but to use them and you're at their mercy. Internet is a necessity today. It's required for work and school in most places. People can't go without it. It's now as important as electricity and water.

Voidgolem
4 weeks ago#40
Alisa posted...

Royalties? If Comcast put YouTube in your package, Google should get money from that...

not really. Let's try an analogy: Imagine a toll road owned by a third party between You and Google: That toll road is your ISP (specifically, it's your ISP's Youtube Package or whatever it ends up being)

of course, you could just not pay the toll and take the long way around. But then your connection to google is s*** and it takes 45 minutes to buffer the video. and you're still paying Google if you're using their paid stuff.

Alisa posted...

There's no need for extra prices. No net neutrality is usually compared with cable TV. No extra payments there.

of course there's no need for extra prices. ISPs just want more money.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't care about Net Neutrality

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived