This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

On a tight budget. No minimum system requirements for MHW and MGS Survive yet...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. On a tight budget. No minimum system requirements for MHW and MGS Survive yet...

User Info: pipebomb_phil

pipebomb_phil
4 weeks ago#1
I'm on a very tight budget and might only be able to afford a PC with an i5 and 1050 (4gb ram).

Do you think both of those games will perform fine at 1080p and 60fps at around medium settings with those specs? And what can I expect for Overwatch? (my most played game)

My old computer (iMac GTX 780m 4gb vram, 8gb ram, i7) was able to run all of my games just fine at 1080p including MGSV The Phantom Pain. Not at Max but at custom settings depending on the games. I don't MGS Survive will run much different from The Phantom Pain.
#pipebomb_phil
http://i.imgur.com/atWQoAs.gif

User Info: ablerider

ablerider
4 weeks ago#2
MGS should be the same as MGV so that's enough but l don't know about MHW, that game doesn't run well on ps4 nor ps4 pro so who knows what's actually required to run it at 60 FPS/1080P.

Maybe save a bit more for a 1060? That's equivalent to the xbonex and so far it's running everything better.

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
4 weeks ago#3
I can't speak for MHW, but MGS Survive is still using the FOX engine, which was amazingly optimized for PC when MGSV released.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
4 weeks ago#4
A GTX 1050 ti or a 1060 GTX 6gbs should do you.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: OUberLord

OUberLord
4 weeks ago#5
Hell for MGS I'd suspect the old 970 would still run it. It ran the last MGS game 1080p on all settings maxed; I'd be surprised if it couldn't handle MGS on medium.

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
4 weeks ago#6
Overwatch can get 60fps on 1080p Ultra easily with even a 2GB GTX 1050. You'll be fine there.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: Lee7

Lee7
4 weeks ago#7
HeliosMagi posted...
Overwatch can get 60fps on 1080p Ultra easily with even a 2GB GTX 1050. You'll be fine there.

thats because OW is CPU heavy game, even gt 1030 can run it as good.
-Sense, this makes none-
-AMD Duron 650 @ 400 MHz / NVIDIA TITAN Xp / 2TB ram / 8MB HDD / Windows ME/ Some random PSU / Sony FW-900 24" CRT monitor-

User Info: GunmaN1905

GunmaN1905
4 weeks ago#8
f*** Kojima and MG Survive.

User Info: RainblowDash

RainblowDash
4 weeks ago#9
Just continue to save up until you can buy something competent.
Ryzen 7 1700X - Sapphire RX Vega 64 - ASRock Fatal1ty X370
Samsung 960 EVO 500gb - G.Skill TridentZ RGB 16gb - Silverstone SX700 700W

User Info: pipebomb_phil

pipebomb_phil
4 weeks ago#10
Hmm... I'll see what else I can sell. I think I'll just save a bit more for a 1060 and i7.

Thanks guys!
#pipebomb_phil
http://i.imgur.com/atWQoAs.gif
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. On a tight budget. No minimum system requirements for MHW and MGS Survive yet...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived