There is no real shortcut to beat Cap

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SNK vs Capcom: Card Fighters 2 Expand Edition
  3. There is no real shortcut to beat Cap

User Info: _Kaz

_Kaz
6 years ago#1
Nothing in the game is like Cap's 2nd deck. I can't find any real weaknesses to Cap2 other than AI loopholes. The only times I've won, I had to reduce his entire ring to weenies. I could never out-draw Cap; if he had space to put down a card, it either removed a card from my hand or gave him the SP to use a card to remove a card from my hand. Cards like Wild Iori lose their bite when Cap's deck is mainly 700 BP cards with unique abilities. Fights with Cap usually end when someone's deck is almost gone.

I created custom Anti-Cap decks to speed things up; they were filled with weak cards with weird BPs for the sole purpose of leaving Cap with a ring of weaklings and no SP. These decks would not fare well against the powerhouses RoboMask or even Nanako employ.

ScienceOfMyth, I looked into focusing on just making a killer deck of high BP cards that go directly for the jugular. It didn't fare as well as I wanted it to, so I combined our ideas. Cap always manages to destroy my hand while still maintaining a strong presence in the ring, so that's what I went for. To make things a bit more exciting, I only had three triplicates (Cammy-D, Terry-B, Stifler), threw in some nasty RE cards, and kept only two 1000+ BP cards.

S x5, A x18, B x13,C x9, D x5 : 21 unique Characters, 14 unique AC/RE cards.

(2) Andy, Joe, (2) Nako(C), (2) Sougetsu, (2) Kyo (P), Shermie, (2) W.Iori, Mukuro, (3) Terry B., Rugal, (2) G.Rugal, Ken, (3) Cammy-D, Dan, (2) EvilRyu, Pyron, Lilith, (2) Jin.S, (2) Haggar, O.Saki, (2) Edge
Lightning, Angel's Wing, Lucky Kitty, (3) Stifler, Tri-Quiz, Cruel Hunt, Robber, Wait in Vain, Money Maker, Overheat, Snare, Suspicious, Wanna Gimmie

10 cards are at 800+BP, 6 cards are 500 BP or less and 11 cards have /\-abilities that can instantly remove cards. Only 6 AC/RE cards cost 4 SP or more and only 11 of the 35 character cards give 2 SP or less. There are 3 cards that can heal, Joe is there to speed up decking, and 5 power-zapping cards (7 if you count G.Rugal).

Because I have so many positive /\-abilities, I may consider swapping out a Stifler for a Reparation in case Guile (or Kojiro) get played. I also wanted to have Regina or Yuki to handle the stronger decks. Or more SP-draining cards like Orochi or SP Leak, but I wanted to test if Suspicious was worth it.
Fighter: "Mr Pibb", "Dr Pepper".. I'm onto you..
Kaz Fact: Welcome to Version 2.0!

User Info: bigbong420

bigbong420
6 years ago#2
I'm just gonna smoke a blunt in here... Don't tell anyone.

*inhale*

*exhale*

Ahhhhh yeeeeaaaahhhh...

so what's up?
"This world is made of love and peace" - Vash the Stampede

_Kaz
6 years ago#3
Time to Go To Sleep?

_Kaz
6 years ago#4
9 fights against Cap so far and I've got 2 close wins, 3 crushing victories, one decking win, and one lopsided loss.

_Kaz
6 years ago#5
Twelve fights, I've gone second in all but two of them. (One was a last-second win, the other was a long drawn out match to see who would run out of cards first.)

I have four decisive victories where I won early on. Five close wins where the fight lasted over half our decks without any evidence of a clear winner until one of us had a bad run of luck. One win where Cap simply ran out of cards. One close loss. And one where Cap beat me out of the box.

_Kaz
6 years ago#6
Same deck, the one that's been going 15-0 against all the other non-Mask level-2 AI decks, has been doing fairly well against Cap.

So far that's 30 fights.
11 -big wins (37%)
07 -close wins (23%)
02 -decking wins (7%)
00 -decking losses (0%)
05 -narrow losses (17%)
05 -lopsided losses (17%)

A 3:2 ratio against Cap just shows how great Cap's deck is. If a human player took over, more of those close-wins would be close-losses. I can't imagine improving either deck much better.

_Kaz
6 years ago#7
Well, this deck does what I feared it would do -- it made me feel bored again. The ratio of big wins to close wins to losses is nearly 1:1:1 with Cap, and still manages to be lopsided with every other character.

So I've gone with playing against Game Mask Lady again. And she pulls this strange stunt.

I have no one with a () ability on my side. She has not used any RE or AC cards. A round in and she summons Ryu in the middle of her ring. I have two 100-200 BP weenies and just placed a 700 BP card. Her next turn, she S.Hado's that 700 BP to 200 and summons Krauser.

I think, "hoh, another stupid AI move" -- except Krauser's ability did not activate. The message that popped up was as if there was no one else in the ring. But Ryu is just standing there, frozen indeed, but standing right there!? How was CYCLONE ineffective?!

Was it because Ryu''s BP was too high, or that he was frozen? No one in my ring was nullifying /\-abilities. (No one swapped abilities, they weren't Kojiro or Guile and the "/\ blocked" message never game up.)

I tried in a follow-up match to test it out. G.Lady had a ring full of weenies, though this was late into the match and we were both low on HP. I put down Haohmaru, an A-rank 1000 BP card and kept his HP full. My following turn I summoned Krauser and... CYCLONE. WTF?

OK. Tried a Terry (S) who was frozen. CYCLONE zaps him.

I'm going to have to "create" a match where I have an 800 BP frozen character in my ring when I summon Krauser to see how well that goes.

User Info: comraq

comraq
6 years ago#8
not only does cap have good cards, but limiting opponent hand size is a effective strategy in this game, it wears down the opponent a lot, especially with bad hands which makes Cap harder than Sys IMO
I usually always beat Sys but I notice significant more time spent vs cap and more losses against Cap
although a good strategy, i perfer not to revolve a whole deck on limit hand sizes because for me it takes too long to win :p

_Kaz
6 years ago#9
Actually, most of the fights with that super-deck are really really short. Unless you're playing Cap and both of you have 0-size hands and aren't sure just who will draw the better set of cards next.

User Info: ZoqFotPik

ZoqFotPik
6 years ago#10
Or you get a bunch of AC/RE cards in a row and get smashed.
I am not the FOT!
~~the Zoq, the Fot & the Pik~~
  1. Boards
  2. SNK vs Capcom: Card Fighters 2 Expand Edition
  3. There is no real shortcut to beat Cap

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived