A Combo Deck That Kills On Turn 2 ALOT

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SNK vs Capcom: Card Fighters 2 Expand Edition
  3. A Combo Deck That Kills On Turn 2 ALOT

User Info: ScienceOfMyth

ScienceOfMyth
6 years ago#1
OK, so I have a pretty insane combo deck that kills turn 2 consistently. Its only problem is that its too cumbersome to make it work on turn 1 and so if your opponent plays discard or kills your first turn character (which is actually extremely rare) you're in trouble.

The idea is to to end up with 30+ copies of Engokokeit in your hand and Kyosuke in play. Engo costs 2 SP and deals 100 damage to the opponent and Kyosuke reduces AC costs by 2 -- meaning you play all copies for free and can deal 3000+ damage on the spot. In practice you can deal over 4000 damage.

To get 30-40 copies of Engok you will use DominationS which lets you discard an AC to change EVERY card in your hand into the card you discard. Ie discard Engok to make tons of copies.

The way you get your handsize to 30-40 cards is to use either Last Resort or No Tricks to fill up your discard pile and then draw your discard pile with Dregs.

To cast Dregs -- which costs 15, you will use Tessa whose Square ability lets you cast your next AC card for free.

On the first turn, there are two scenarios that let you win the game on turn 2. The first is to play any character and somehow cast Last Resort. Last Resort makes you discard your hand and your deck but you get to make a 5 card deck. The following 5 card deck will allow you win on turn 2, the cards should be in the order listed:

Ryoma
Lucky Kitty
Tessa
Successor
Dregs

The other scenario is to have a character with Tessa's Solar Cane ability in play and have No Tricks and one of Ryoma, Dregs, or Study in play.

You do NOT actually have to play Tessa. Successor lets you discard a character to give their ability to a character in play so you can graft Tessa onto anyone. And Successor costs ZERO!

In Scenario 1 you have a character in play and cast Last Resort which costs 8. I will address the easiest ways to cast turn 1 Last Resort in a second. Assuming you do manage to cast it, you will set it up to draw Ryoma. When Ryoma comes into play you will get to choose two cards from your discard pile as your new hand. Choose Lucky Kitty and Psyche Up!. They will be there because Last Resort discards your entire deck.

Use Lucky Kitty to draw Lucky Kitty and Tessa since those are the two cards you stacked next. Then use the second Lucky Kitty to draw Successor and Dregs. Now use Successor to give the character you played on turn 1 Tessa's ability. Then use that ability to cast Dregs.

Now you have almost your entire deck in your hand. Since the deck has 3 Psyche Ups you will be able to make 15 SP. Use that SP to cast Lunch Rush which draws you one card for each AC card in your hand. You do NOT lose the game for not being able to draw a card using Lunch Rush so now you have literally your whole deck in your hand minus the cards that you've played in your discard pile.

Next use Successor to give one of your characters Kyosuke's ability. Finally, you have more than 10 SP to cast DominationS choosing Engokgekit.

You just won the game on turn 2.

Scenario 2 is exactly the same except that you need to get Tessa or her ability in play, cast No Tricks and then use Tessa to play Dregs on turn 2. Then the procedure is exactly the same as in scenario 1. If you don't have Dregs you can use Management to search for it on turn 1 or you can use Ryome ao get Dregs back after you play No Tricks. Finally you can use Study to get Dregs back after you play No Tricks, but then you need 4 more SP.
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon FC 013168946486

ScienceOfMyth
6 years ago#2
The easiest way to win is to cast Last Resort on turn 1 and the easiest way to do that is turn 1 Zaki who gives you 10! SP. Otherwise you will need a Psyche Up! to play Last Resort. Luckily you have quite a bit of deck searching to help find the missing piece in the form of Rose, Best Shot, Management, and Lucky Kitty and Lunch Rush.

Also, you can use B Jenet to get Tessa into your hand since Tessa is another vital piece of the puzzle.

Finally, you can use King to get Last Resort on turn 1, although you will still need a Psyche Up.

I played 6 games and got turn 2 kills 4 times. My hands were:

Zaki
Tessa
DominationS
Successor
No Tricks
Study

Hand 2
Dregs
Management
No Tricks
Ryoma
Tessa

Hand 3
Engokogekit
No Tricks
Study
Zaki
Tessa

Hand 4
B Jenet
No Tricks
Successor
Study
Management
Lunch Rush

(this one I was a litle short on SP and I think went to turn 3)

The only issue is that the deck is very vulnerable to discard. I took a loss because I needed to use Management to search for Last Resort but Haruna had Joe and made me discard it.

Here is the deck list, it could probably stand to be tweaked a little bit:

3 Rose
3 Zaki
3 Kyosuke (even though you only need 1 copy technically, he is good on turn 1 since he lowers the price of Lucky Kitty, Best Shot, Lunch Rush, and even makes them free in many cases)
3 Tessa
3 B Jenet
3 Ryoma
1 King

3 Lucky Kitty
3 Best Shot
3 Management
3 Lunch Rush

3 Last Resort
3 No Tricks
1 DominationS
1 Engokogetki
3 Psyche Up
2 Study
3 Dregs
3 Successor

I have tried SP Partner, Reset Button, and Kula/Batsu to enable the combo on turn 1 -- the issue is being able to use Tessas's ability which normally requires you to wait a turn. Reset Button doesn't really help at all since it KOs your characters. SP Partner is simply inferior to Successor but you can't use Successor on Batsu or Kula since then they will lose their ability.

ScienceOfMyth
6 years ago#3
I belatedly realized two things:

1. Its probably better to focus exclusively on Last Resort and treat No Tricks as a backup plan.

2. Rather than the clunky Tessa+Dregs I can probably use Shin Gouki

Bonus point: its probably much stabler to focus on resolving a turn 2 Last Resort and actually winning on turn 3.
  1. Boards
  2. SNK vs Capcom: Card Fighters 2 Expand Edition
  3. A Combo Deck That Kills On Turn 2 ALOT

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived