The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Hex Editing RACE savestates

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: ScienceOfMyth

ScienceOfMyth
6 years ago#11
What button do you hit to go from story mode into the menu? it should be the same button.
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon FC 013168946486

User Info: roughtimes

roughtimes
6 years ago#12
tried that but it didn't work

Do you hold the option button and press A or am I missing something?

ScienceOfMyth
6 years ago#13
Yeah, when you hold the right button it should change the picture of the character you'll be fighting and then you press confirm whiile holding that button.

if you've tried all the buttons I don't know what to say..I could see it being the L or R shoulder button?

User Info: roughtimes

roughtimes
6 years ago#14
I only beat the game with the SNK deck. Do I need to beat it with both or something?

User Info: _Kaz

_Kaz
6 years ago#15
No, but you do need to fight them after you beat the game.
After you beat SYS, head to see the principal. G.Lady should fight you, and once you beat her, you can fighter her in Battle mode when you press Menu over Lip-sensei.
After you beat SYS, keep going to the abandoned Carnival. Eventually you will meet Robo-Mask. Again, once you beat it, you can fight them in Battle mode by highlighting Nanako and holding Menu.
After you beat SYS, enter the abandoned Carnival and visit Cap. A cutscene should break out and you can now fight the Neo Game Mask in battle mode.

And on a side note, I think hex-editing and cheat-devices have broken my resolve for grind-games like MMORPGs.

I've tried building combo decks in addition to pure beatdown... Most of the other things you could try are gimmicky and will roll over to Cap pretty hard.
While not as efficient, gimmick decks sure are fun! (Man, those 29 800+BP cards sure are intimidating. I feel a little weird you don't have any RE cards though.)

I'm also impressed at your Last Resort set-up. But how can a player guarantee getting Last Resort, especially against opponents who use decking cards?
Fighter: "Mr Pibb", "Dr Pepper".. I'm onto you..
Kaz Fact: Welcome to Version 2.0!

ScienceOfMyth
6 years ago#16
For the Last Resort deck, there are alot of options that don't leave you stuck with LR in your hand.

Yes, if your opponent plays Blank et al that is the biggest problem.

But you can find LR with Management, tutor for it with Damnd, or draw cards with Rose/Best Shot/Lucky Kitty. Also, after No Tricks you can use Ryoma to get LR as well.

Overall, it works pretty good and if I put a couple hours into it I could probably get it competitive vs Cap. One thing that I'd definitely need to do is add some way to kill opposing characters since there are some that totally shut you down by raising AC costs or things that like that.

As for the beatdown deck, RE cards are pretty terrible. Overheat would be good but its reactive and is another non-character card in a deck that wants to have as many character options open as possible..if you get down to one or two in hand they might be the wrongs one for a particular situation. But the biggest issue is of course that it doesn't play well with Zero Akuma or Geese at all -- or Kikaoih if you play him.

ScienceOfMyth
6 years ago#17
Small typo, when I said Damnd above I think I meant King.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived