Your opinion on the following RPGs

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Your opinion on the following RPGs

User Info: Chaos_Missile

Chaos_Missile
5 years ago#1
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance
Crimson Gem Saga

Tell me everything ( that you think) I should know about them. Are they recommended, any issues I should consider etc. They interest me to a certain extent.

Only talk between these 3 please. I dont need more rec to my backlog than it already has.
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008

User Info: Miu_san

Miu_san
5 years ago#2
Unbalanced/Fetch Quests/Inferior in depth to Phantasy Star Portable/Uninteresting plot and characters
Ugly/Sun Wu Kong/Uninteresting plot and characters
Dem loading times/Convulated Plot that goes wonky and doesn't end well/Great protagonist/Skilltree system/2/3/4 character skill/Blade of Fury is awesomesauce/Worth playing, but not a keeper

User Info: nmagod

nmagod
5 years ago#3
I haven't played Tales of the World

Mana Khemia was too much fetch-questing

Crimson Gem Saga (ostensibly an Astonishia Story sequel) really removed the best part of it - the battle system
TezzaLovesBarryB (Moderator) | Posted 3/20/2012 8:15:41 PM | message detail | quote
mods suck

User Info: Chaos_Missile

Chaos_Missile
5 years ago#4
Miu_san posted...
Unbalanced/Fetch Quests/Inferior in depth to Phantasy Star Portable/Uninteresting plot and characters
Ugly/Sun Wu Kong/Uninteresting plot and characters
Dem loading times/Convulated Plot that goes wonky and doesn't end well/Great protagonist/Skilltree system/2/3/4 character skill/Blade of Fury is awesomesauce/Worth playing, but not a keeper

The heck am I reading?
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008

User Info: blade113355

blade113355
5 years ago#5
Tales of the World is a simple dungeon crawler with Tales of characters in it. I would rather suggest Phantasy Star Portable 2 over this honestly. At least then you would have online to play with. This is a fan service games for Tales of fans, so if your not a Tales of fan don't bother.

Mana Khemia is not a normal RPG per-se, it's based on the Atelier Series which is more geared to being fetch quest heavy instead of battle heavy (Where your given a item to make and you have to make it in a certain amount of time). Yet this one is more combat focused then normal Atelier games. Example it has a Sphere Grid (FFX) like system for leveling up letting you customize your players some what for example. Now you still have to make items in a certain amount of time (or do a fight in a certain amount of time) but if your into RPGs where you have to craft items (like me)

Other game I never played....
I had a self racial joke here about the name of a game and gamefaqs got butthurt and removed it.

User Info: davidvinc

davidvinc
5 years ago#6
Mana Khemia is excellent, but buy the PS2 version. It's not Dragon Quest 8 quality, but it holds its own with the best of the PS2 RPGs.

Don't bother with the other 2 listed, they suck.
Check out my collection and leave a comment!
http://backloggery.com/davidvinc
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Your opinion on the following RPGs

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived