What did you play on psp today?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. What did you play on psp today?

User Info: Egoist

Egoist
1 month ago#321
Just got Z.H.P. and I can already tell just by over an hour of playing that I'll be addicted to this... Where has my life gone these past few weeks?
PSN: RIVENSOULS

User Info: riderr3

riderr3
1 month ago#322
Completed Untold Legends:WC, the game is too linear and short. It's kinda lower quality compared to previously released Untold Legends:BotB. I feel many games after 2005 is being simplified.

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
1 month ago#323
Oh man, are you in for a treat Egoist! ZHP is definitely one of the better games out there, everything about it is just so perfect, the music, the story, the characters, the game mechanics. The undertones & overall message of the game is also really deep & meaningful. Its a real gem, enjoy it mate.
"Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real." Find me on Twitter: @OlorinTheOtaku

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
1 month ago#324
My current side-game, as in Game I've been playing on the way to work is actually one of the very few First Person Shooters for the system NOVA Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance . This game is basically discount HALO which I honestly don't consider to be a bad thing at all. It shares the same control scheme as Ghost in the Shell - The Standalone Complex which I still consider to be my favourite FPS for the PSP, which of course means your controlling movement with the analog stick and camera with the face buttons or the same vice versa.

The story basically has you take the control of a space marine fending off an Alien Menace hence the Halo Comparison. For me the story is serviceable but really not memorable but kind of like with Coded Arms I'm not really looking for anything deep as opposed to something to scratch the itch of twitchy trigger finger and thankfully NOVA gives me just that. The Mission Lengths are about on par with GITS which makes it an ideal on the go title and it has a decent selection of your typical weapons (Machine Gun, Shotgun, Pistol etc) and they're all very satisfying to use and sweep up the field of enemy scum as they approach you.

The only minor issue (and I do stress it is extremely minor) I had with the game is the frame-rate because there are a few areas which are pretty big and have a lot going on, on screen it does sometimes stutter a little. The game is a PS Mini so it's not that big of a download and for a mobile game I'm actually impressed by the effort put into it (It did enough to get a few sequels on android so that's something). Overall I'd recommend it to anyone wanting that quick fix of a simple FPS, it's quite not as good as Standalone Complex or Medal of Honour but I consider it to be about on par with Coded Arms in terms of quality.
PSN ID: Adamight 3DS Friend Code:0061-4706-8830

User Info: lali_puna

lali_puna
1 month ago#325
+ ZHP makes you a better person! Seriously, the message it provides is pretty deep and good.

Dare I say, I've played some Peggle?! ;)

BTW. I consider NOVA the second best FPS on the PSP after GitS -TSC. f*** all the other PSP FPS! ;P

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
1 month ago#326
lali_puna posted...
+ ZHP makes you a better person! Seriously, the message it provides is pretty deep and good.

Dare I say, I've played some Peggle?! ;)

BTW. I consider NOVA the second best FPS on the PSP after GitS -TSC. f*** all the other PSP FPS! ;P

lol, I like this completely rational reaction. :) It's a really satisfying game and for what's essentially a mobile game really damn good.
PSN ID: Adamight 3DS Friend Code:0061-4706-8830

User Info: srepucane

srepucane
1 month ago#327
Cybuster_88 posted...
Lord of Arcana. Bahumut may be a pain. :/

I've been on a break for awhile from this game but from what I remember it was green slimes and Azdaja that were quite the pain for me.

User Info: final_lap

final_lap
1 month ago#328
Played X-Men Legends II for two minutes but that was more than enough for me. I could not get into it at all.

Also I noticed something funny, the playstation brand has a terrible problem with dpad functions. When you're told to press a dpad direction it always looks like the opposite direction because the dpad buttons are all pointing inwards. I notice this problems in many games and it's always really confusing because when I see an arrow pointing left while being told it switches weapon or whatever, of course I'm going to press left on the dpad to do that because I'm not going to remember that the dpad right is shaped like a left arrow, and doing so is incredibly counter intuitive.

Anyway I've tried a bunch of PSP games lately but most of them have been busts:

Coded Arms Contagion (passable except for the hacking minigame, which kills it)
Valhalla Knights 1 and 2
F1 Grand Prix
Ford Bold Moves Street Racing (dunno what happened here.. Ford Off Road is less bad)
Moto GP and SBK 09
Marvel Nemesis
300 March to Glory
Untold Legends 1
Undead Knights (it's playable at least, but it's barely fun)

I also played WRC FIA Rally Championship which turned out to be pretty sweet. Best rally game on PSP and much longer than Dirt 2, and there is ghost racing.
Also beat Dead to Rights, which was decent. Almost gave up at the final boss. xD

User Info: Chaos_Missile

Chaos_Missile
1 month ago#329
Cybuster_88 posted...
Lord of Arcana. Bahumut may be a pain. :/

I only played as far until the chapter after Bahamut, but Bahamut was far less annoying compared to Take-Mikazuchi and his chickenhorse brothers.(in game I believe it's called..."Kirin"? The horse-like chicken things where his stomps will cause the exact same affect as Take-Mikazuchi: in that it makes you f***ing small. And that thing is fast.)
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008

User Info: Tsukasa1891

Tsukasa1891
1 month ago#330
Playing Final Fantasy 4 complete collection. This is my 3rd time playing FF4, first was the PS1 version and then the DS version. I really like how good the game looks compared to the Snes/PS1 version. I imaging it's what Snes games look like if you're playing with nostalgia googles on. Now if only we could get FF5&6 with the same graphics.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. What did you play on psp today?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived