What did you play on psp today?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. What did you play on psp today?

User Info: Metastase

Metastase
3 months ago#331
Tomb Raider Legend and Urban Chaos (my fav PS1 game).

TRL controls are clunky, GFX = amazing but most importantly I have just gotten the gold secret in the 1st stage and WOW. YES, THIS IS WHY OLD SCHOOL TOMB RAIDER ROCKS (screw the casual reboot). The way they hid this secret was absolutely brilliant!

And what can I say about Urban Chaos? A bit more functional "tank controls" compared to old school Tomb Raiders but other than that, it's GTA 3 + Tomb Raider + ONI. in other words, it has great gunplay, great ONI-style beat-em-up melee combat, incredible semi open world level design with lots of verticality and Tomb Raider style parkour/platforming.

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
3 months ago#332
Hmmm... after a quick Google, Urban Chaos sounds like a great game. Thanks for bringing this to my attention Metastase.
"Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real." Find me on Twitter: @OlorinTheOtaku

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
3 months ago#333
I finally played an entry of one of my favourite video game series of all time which is to say Dynasty Warriors Volume 1 for the PSP. It might seem strange that I'm only now playing this after having played Warriors Orochi 1 and 2 (Absolutely fantastic on PSP BTW I actually consider them a little better than their PS2 counterparts) and even Dynasty Warriors Next (another exceptional game on Vita if you can overlook the touchscreen). To tell the truth I actually had a hard time getting a hold of both Dynasty Warriors games.

Dynasty Warriors (PSP) is based off my favourite Dynasty Warriors that being the 4th on PS2 and all the character models and stages are taken straight from that game. Now Dynasty Warriors PSP is a game clearly designed to use the PSP's on the go nature more than it is to deliver a full fat Dynasty Warriors experience. Trading items and officers as you unlock them seems to be a big part of this game and the battle system actually seems to be more remnant of DW: Empires where you seize control of command points on the map as you proceed towards defeating a mission and all officers in the game do have skills that are unique to them which is a nice touch.

Unfortunately the biggest problem with DW Vol 1 is that it can get very repetitive and because it's lacking the full cast of characters and unlockable special items and weapons from the main series it comes off as a bit shallow when it comes to replay value. I can commend them for trying but unfortunately this one didn't make that much on me. That said I do have Volume 2 which I will dive into next and hopefully be pleasantly surprised.
PSN ID: Adamight 3DS Friend Code:0061-4706-8830

User Info: joelang12

joelang12
3 months ago#334
I tried out Silverfall for about a good ten or so minutes. So far it's not bad , and yeah I know ten minutes or thereabouts, is not saying much . The customization is there. The maps could've been a bit better. While I doubt they. Ha he the outcome of the story you do have branching reply trees to an NPCs conversation. Will definitely have to put more time into this before I can give a better idea of what I've got my hands on though.

*cant seem to put down shinobido psp though
If you believe in Jesus and are 100% proud of it put this as your sig

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
3 months ago#335
Rocked out with Rock Band Unplugged.
"Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real." Find me on Twitter: @OlorinTheOtaku

User Info: Jack Talk Thai

Jack Talk Thai
3 months ago#336
Elminage Original, been farming the underwater temple in hopes of getting a second Ice Mail to drop so I can create a second Iceflame Mail for one of my magic users. The thing is RARE, but it finally dropped!

Played a random concert on Rock Band Unplugged and got a sweet hoodie that my lead singer now wears. I wonder if the t-shirts with the different icons (singer, drummer, etc) are in this version, as well.
My FREE monthly superhero webcomic!
http://theill.webcomic.ws/comics/314/

User Info: Cybuster_88

Cybuster_88
3 months ago#337
Beat Star Wars Lethal Alliance last night. Not bad but it could have been much more.

Rianna was the original Rogue One. :P
https://i.imgtc.com/7Kr7Uwb.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2WW-HrduBc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Goll3VqOrmc

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
3 months ago#338
Cybuster_88 posted...
Beat Star Wars Lethal Alliance last night.

So it was pretty decent Cy? I'm usually a fan of Star Wars stuff, so I've thought about picking Leathal Alliance up before, but haven't as of yet.
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD / EVGA 600W ATX / Windows 10 Home 64 bit

User Info: Cybuster_88

Cybuster_88
3 months ago#339
@JoboHotep

JoboHotep posted...
So it was pretty decent Cy?

Yes, I think so. I can go into a little more depth to those who care.

There was a little platforming, as well as some mini-game segments, such as shooting down TIE fighters in space and an on rail hover board levels where you had to go through levels to avoid falling debris, and erupting lava for example; I'll be honest and say that the latter wasn't too good. The there was some tacked on stealth where Rianna could disguise herself as enemy soldiers but sadly, it was poorly executed and i really just blew my cover most of the time. Of course you get your blaster, machine blaster, a sniper, and even a grenade launcher. Some customization to your weapons would have been nice though. Lastly you get some melee moves that you can perform with your droid and can even sneak up from behind an enemy for an instant kill. There will be lots of shooting going around and it may get old at times, but the did a nice job by trying to make it feel less monotonous thanks to those segments which I have already mentioned. And it wasn't too long so it never wore out its welcome. Boss battles were also pretty good. If I were to rate this, it'd probably go in the 65-70/100 range.

I too like Star Wars. The game features some well-known characters, music, and location from the the series. It's a pretty cheap game and easy to find. So I'd definitely recommend it to any Star Wars fan or even those who just like a 3rd person shooter adventure game. It's a was a good time killer and a nice break from all my usual RPG gaming.

Sorry to go on for so long.

Chaos_Missile posted...
"Kirin"? The horse-like chicken things where his stomps will cause the exact same affect as Take-Mikazuchi:

I found Bahamhut to be more annoying. Once you got big again it would always stun itself; making it easy for an attack. I need to give the game another go by the way.
https://i.imgtc.com/7Kr7Uwb.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2WW-HrduBc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Goll3VqOrmc

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
3 months ago#340
Cybuster_88 posted...
I too like Star Wars. The game features some well-known characters, music, and location from the the series. It's a pretty cheap game and easy to find. So I'd definitely recommend it to any Star Wars fan or even those who just like a 3rd person shooter adventure game. It's a was a good time killer and a nice break from all my usual RPG gaming.

Sorry to go on for so long.

Not at all! Thank you, I appreciate the additional detail!

When I'm trying to decide if I'm going to pick up a game, I always try to get the opinions of people whom have actually played the game (which is why you see me asking here about certain games here and there).

Sounds like I'd like Lethal Alliance well enough, so I'm adding it to my list of games to pick up at some point.
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD / EVGA 600W ATX / Windows 10 Home 64 bit
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. What did you play on psp today?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived