PSP games that felt like home console games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. PSP games that felt like home console games

User Info: Kanon209

Kanon209
2 months ago#61
Samurai dou perfect PSP port of way of samurai was awesome, The warriors another ps2 port , x men legends .

They all felt like i was playing legit console games, not because they are ports but because they really shine as great PSP games.

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
2 months ago#62
@Kanon209 I actually have Samurai duo, it looks like a really fun game, but I can't understand any of the text, it doesn't let you "Press X/A to read more" or whatever. In conversations it only gives you like 5 to 10 seconds to read each text bubble, that makes it almost impossible for a Japanese noobie like me to translate it... The game itself seems really dynamic though, I was replaying the intro area a few times, & completely different things happen depending on what you do, its so NON-linear!
"Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real." Find me on Twitter: @OlorinTheOtaku

User Info: Kanon209

Kanon209
2 months ago#63
If you like kenka banchou series, you will love way of samurai series, many endings, random events, collectibles , every playthrough you will discover something new i totally reccomend it!

OlorinTheOtaku
2 months ago#64
@Kanon209 Yes, kenka banchou badass rumble is awesome, I haven't tried the Jap games, they look even better though.

But as I said, Samurai duo is an awesome game, I just can't read any of the cut scenes text as it is only shown for a few seconds & doesn't give me enough time to translate it...
"Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real." Find me on Twitter: @OlorinTheOtaku

User Info: helldew

helldew
2 months ago#65
a lot of games people are mentoning in this topic make me think peoples defininition of a portable game is like worse or not as good as a console game :/

Games that felt pretty much like console games to me tho were
Wipeout (both)
ace combat
Disgaea 1 and 2
Trails in the sky FC/SC
Metal gear Acid1/2/peacewalker
the two 3D GTAs.
Obviously a lot of console ports so stuff like Xmen legends ultimate alliance etc.
Competitive smash Player , random gaming news, + game dev stuff. Follow me on twitter @helldew93 #shamelessselfpromotion

User Info: seenNOTheard

seenNOTheard
2 months ago#66
helldew posted...
a lot of games people are mentoning in this topic make me think peoples defininition of a portable game is like worse or not as good as a console game :/

Games that felt pretty much like console games to me tho were
Wipeout (both)
ace combat
Disgaea 1 and 2
Trails in the sky FC/SC
Metal gear Acid1/2/peacewalker
the two 3D GTAs.
Obviously a lot of console ports so stuff like Xmen legends ultimate alliance etc.

I think this stereotype comes from the fact that for a long time the console game didn't match the handheld. The handheld normally got reduced features or a different game entirely that doesn't line up with the console experience. Not saying the game is bad, just that it's different because the handhelds just didn't have the power of a console.

This is not a mark against the early handhelds as plenty of really great games are on them, but you would at least agree if you want the Grand Theft Auto/Tony Hawk experience maybe going to the GBA isn't the best place to start? Meanwhile I think you can argue the PSP's GTA and Tony Hawk have a similar experience to the console versions. I think this is what the topic is going for, games that feel you could play it on a console with little to no gameplay difference.

OlorinTheOtaku
2 months ago#67
Yes, GBA, DS & all those before PSP could never hope to play things like, Assassins creed, Tomb raider, Tony hawk, Monster Hunter, GTA & so on. I find it annoying that some people try & dismiss PSP for all sorts of dumb reasons, were as I feel PSP is better then some actual consoles, never mind being better then other handhelds. Not to say those other systems are bad though.

User Info: John-Dana

John-Dana
2 months ago#68
Warship Gunner 2 Portable is a great port to PSP, despite the language being Japanese.
Always, ALWAYS have a backup plan. If that fails, have a backup-backup plan. If that fails...

User Info: Cybuster_88

Cybuster_88
2 months ago#69
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Syphon Filters
Daxter
Jax and Daxter
Secret Agent Clank
Tekken & SoulCalibur
Valkyria Chronicles II

Sorry if some of these have already been named.
https://i.imgtc.com/7Kr7Uwb.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2WW-HrduBc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Goll3VqOrmc
Questionmarktarius 2 months ago#70
Jeanne d'Arc
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. PSP games that felt like home console games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived