The Best PSP Game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Egoist

Egoist
1 month ago#1
Persona 3 Portable is my pick.

I have played with Monster Hunter Freedom Unite since it was first released and I still go back to it from time to time so I can say that I've spent countless of hours with that game, probably my most played of all time on any platform, Diablo II comes close in second because just like MHFU, I've been playing it since its release, Disgaea Dark Hero Days takes second place when it comes to just the PSP. After all that said whenever I think about what PSP or video game in general that I enjoyed the most, it's always P3P that first comes to mind even though I haven't spend as much time with it unlike other games, heck! I think I've spent more time with P3FES than P3P...

I guess that's the thing eh? You can never fully explain why you love something by just words.

Now, we all have different preferences but what do you consider the best one? Think of this as an appreciation thread.
PSN: RIVENSOULS

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
1 month ago#2
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/918340-playstation-portable/75386098

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
1 month ago#3
Egoist posted...

I guess that's the thing eh? You can never fully explain why you love something by just words.

^^^ I can agree with this. There's lots of different reasons any particular person might have a certain favorite(s) game.

This is why my honest answer is........I just can't choose.

Seriously, even beyond a favorite, I don't think I could accurately list my top 10. There's just so many PSP titles that I love.
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD / EVGA 600W ATX / Windows 10 Home 64 bit

User Info: dancer62

dancer62
1 month ago#4
MHFU: 2500 hours, successfully fought all three Fatalis species, and still more Treasure Hunt records to beat!
If ballet was easy, it would be pointe-less

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
1 month ago#5
Hmmm... in my opinion there can't just be 1 single "best PSP game" so I'll break it down into best PSP games of different genres:

Best Racing game:
Flatout head on *or* Test drive unlimited

Best Fighting game:
Tekken 6 *or* Soul caliber broken destiny

Best shooter:
Dead to rights reckoning *or* MGS Peace walker *or* The 3rd birthday

Best Action Adventure game:
Tomb raider anniversary *or* Prince of Persia revelations

Best 3D Platformer:
Death Jr

Best Action RPG:
Gods eater burst *or* Valhalla knights 2

Best turn based RPG:
Persona 3

Bonus:

Best ninja game:
Shinobido tales of the ninja

Best fan service game:
Dissidia 012 Final fantasy

All these games are absolutely brilliant. PSP has so many great games though, its hard to list em like this, LOL.
"Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real." Find me on Twitter: @OlorinTheOtaku

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
1 month ago#6
Oh god not one of these! Well I'll list my top five to be fair.
1) Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
2) Star Ocean 2nd Story
3) Star Ocean First Departure
4) Final Fantasy 1 and 2
5) Burnout Legends

I really didn't like the two PSP remakes of Persona 1 and 2 just stick to the originals please.
Persona 3 Portable is in my top ten but not my top five, it's defintley good.
Favs: Persona, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Nintendo account: Xenoblader2000
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 7 Remake

User Info: jordy_gamer

jordy_gamer
1 month ago#7
Dissidia 012, personal opinion though.

OlorinTheOtaku
1 month ago#8
I think if I had to pick a top 3... MGS Peace walker, Tekken 6 & Gods eater burst.

Its very hard to nail it down to 1 specific game. Probably because I like so many different types of games, If I only liked 1 or 2 genres or something it would be much easier. The only genre I don't really care for is visual novels, but even then I'd still enjoy a VN if its really good, but other then that I like pretty much every kind of game. LOL, its the same with music, I listen to almost every genre.
"Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real." Find me on Twitter: @OlorinTheOtaku

User Info: Kanon209

Kanon209
1 month ago#9
dancer62 posted...
MHFU: 2500 hours, successfully fought all three Fatalis species, and still more Treasure Hunt records to beat!

This and Yu Gi Oh are the games i have most play time, OlorinTheOtaku posted...
Dead to rights reckoning

Shinobido have the map editor from the ps2 version?

OlorinTheOtaku
1 month ago#10
Unfortunately the PSP version of Shinobido doesn't have the map editor @Kanon209 but you can import levels made on the PS2 version into the PSP version, or you can download a save file from this site that contains 95 DL missions from the PS2 games. But even if you don't do any of that, the PSP version of shinobido still ships with tons of inbuilt levels that are all highly replayable & varied.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived