Wipeout Pulse or Pure

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Wipeout Pulse or Pure

User Info: Kanon209

Kanon209
3 months ago#1
Which one is better for you guys? which has more content and better gameplay?

User Info: final_lap

final_lap
3 months ago#2
Pure's single player has almost no effort put in it... but Pulse's single player is even worse by making you do everything 100 times and by spamming you with Zone events. The game is much more repetitive than Pure but if you count forward and reverse as separate courses than Pulse technically has more content, though Pure has better course design. The gameplay is the same in both. (L/R airbrakes, absorbable items, no boost meter)
(message deleted)

User Info: Cybuster_88

Cybuster_88
3 months ago#4
Only played Pulse. It was fine but not worth checking out Pure or any other Wipeout game.

And I honestly got tired of the same twelve tracks in Pulse. The can say it has twenty-four tracks all they want, but having them in reverse is a cheap and lazy way to get more tracks out of a game. The tracks were also pretty boring and felt too much alike. Lastly I got tired of using the same one ship in races but I guess that is mainly my own choice.

Pure may be the better one, but I just don't really care to find out.
https://i.imgtc.com/7Kr7Uwb.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2WW-HrduBc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Goll3VqOrmc

User Info: pichuscute0

pichuscute0
3 months ago#5
Idk why there are so many people here that aren't appreciative of some of the best racing games across all handheld platforms, as well as one of the best racing series in the industry, but in any case:

Pulse has the better single player structure, because the game is set up to teach you how to play through events. It works extremely well, and is some of the best single player structure for teaching in racing game (almost set up in the style of a good rhythm game, as far as design goes). On the downside, the physics can be hit or miss with some people. They are a little more finicky than our other option.

Pure has possibly the best physics set up in the series (and the physics fit the PSP controls a bit better, imo), and some of the best overall design too. However, it is set up as an old school arcade racing game. There's no overall single player campaign or anything. Instead, you just play through modes on every course in every difficulty and that will unlock new things. Mind you, that's still great fun, but it can be a little more challenging at times.

Both are fantastic though, so if they look like your thing, I'd say you can't go wrong with either. And if you're a WipEout fan, both are absolutely necessary to play.

User Info: helldew

helldew
3 months ago#6
I vastly prefer Pulse to pure.Pulse actaully having a single player is great. I also like pulses physics the most in the franchise. I dont think pulse was remade on the Omega collection either. only real problem with pulse is getting DLC is a bit annoying.
Competitive smash Player , random gaming news, + game dev stuff. Follow me on twitter @helldew93 #shamelessselfpromotion

User Info: pichuscute0

pichuscute0
3 months ago#7
helldew posted...
I vastly prefer Pulse to pure.Pulse actaully having a single player is great. I also like pulses physics the most in the franchise. I dont think pulse was remade on the Omega collection either. only real problem with pulse is getting DLC is a bit annoying.

Omega Collection was Wipeout HD and 2048 (Vita). Wipeout HD featured many Pulse tracks remade in HD, though.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Wipeout Pulse or Pure

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived