What am i doing wrong?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. What am i doing wrong?

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
3 months ago#21
BarbaricAvatar, it you liked the PS2 Monster Hunter you should love the PSP game. I haven't played the PS2 but from what I've heard & seen, the PSP MH is better in ever way.

LOL, I still can't imagine how waiting such a short period after quests bother final_lap so much. IIRC, final_lap was complaining about that very thing on another thread.

Besides the fact that you can still move around & harvest materials (like from the monster you just killed) it really isn't a very noticeable wait. I didn't even notice it until final_lap actually pointed it out. And its not like MH;FU or GEB are meant to be played in short bursts or anything, whenever I play either I play for atleast 1 or 2 hours & each quest can take between 10 to 50 minutes, so its not like your going to be constantly waiting for the quests to end & as I said, even when that countdown does happen, your still technically playing! TBH, this is probably the most insignificant complaint I've ever heard about a game, atleast IMO. No offense to final_lap if it actually bothers him this much though. LOL
"Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real." Find me on Twitter: @OlorinTheOtaku

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
3 months ago#22
OlorinTheOtaku posted...
And its not like MH;FU or GEB are meant to be played in short bursts or anything, whenever I play either I play for atleast 1 or 2 hours & each quest can take between 10 to 50 minutes, so its not like your going to be constantly waiting for the quests to end & as I said, even when that countdown does happen, your still technically playing!

Well that bumps it down the order of desirability for me then. I play my handhelds when i'm out and about; stuck in traffic jams, sitting in waiting rooms, on the train etc. Most of the time i've got 10 to 30mins to kill and want to do it in an enjoable fashion without being tied down. 50min quests?! Pointless.
I'm not after console games on handhelds, i've got consoles at home. I like handheld games, and MH now doesn't sound like one.
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
3 months ago#23
No, its definitely not what your looking for then. MH quests can take anywhere from 5 to 50 minutes. GEB has slightly shorter quests but yeah, GEB is still pretty much the same angle as MH. They're both more of a Console-game-on-a-handheld like you called it. Still great games though, you should maybe still look into em one day.
"Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real." Find me on Twitter: @OlorinTheOtaku
(message deleted)

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
3 months ago#25
Unlike the DS the PSP gives you a full console experience in portable form at least when it came out.
What many people don't know the PSP came out before the Playstation 3.
Heck the Playstation 2 was still relevant when the PSP came out.
So that Cross Media Bar the PSP was the second to have it.
The PSX had it first. The PSX was released in Japan only, it was a Playstation 2 built inside a Digital Video Recorder.
It had the Cross Media Bar first. Then the PSP. Then PS3.
Favs: Persona, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Nintendo account: Xenoblader2000
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 7 Remake

User Info: sanjeust

sanjeust
3 months ago#26
First you have with the Micro SD adapter an SD card with 64GB or more. Secondly, before you apply CFW, you should update your console to latest official firmware. You can do this by either downloading the update on the PSP, or downloading through your computer, plugging your PSP to the PC by a USB cable, or using an adapter to access your SD card on your computer. And installing the file or folder in the PSP/SD card in /PSP/UPDATE.

Some good games are, like aforementioned Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Persona 3 Portable, and the Capcom two retro collections.
"I'm confident that, if there's a real problem [with climate change], He [God] can take care of it." - Michigan Republican congressman Tim Walberg LOL

User Info: Molivious

Molivious
3 months ago#27
Refund it and get a GPD XD. Thank me later.
Please.

User Info: final_lap

final_lap
3 months ago#28
ArcFan10000 posted...
So that Cross Media Bar the PSP was the second to have it.
The PSX had it first. The PSX was released in Japan only, it was a Playstation 2 built inside a Digital Video Recorder.
It had the Cross Media Bar first. Then the PSP. Then PS3.

well I learned something new today
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. What am i doing wrong?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived