PSP Go TV out full screen stretching

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. PSP Go TV out full screen stretching

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
3 months ago#1
So to start off, I'm fully aware that PSP games try to display in native resolution when using the component cables. That's not what I'm asking about.

My question is that I can use my TV's stretching options to make the XMB fullscreen. Great, but for some reason I can only stretch the PSP games within a 4:3 window. I could provide pics of this if that doesn't make sense. Anyway, how would I get the PSP to let the games stretch the same way the XMB does? Any ideas?

At this point I'm perfectly willing to buy the upscaler adapters but they're impossible to find anymore. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Steam/XBL/PSN/EU NNID - Nifterific | US NNID & Nintendo Account - n00bsaib0t
EU Nintendo Account - n00b_saib0t | SFV: Balrog | MKX: Sun God Kotal Kahn

User Info: joelang12

joelang12
3 months ago#2
n00bsaib0t posted...
So to start off, I'm fully aware that PSP games try to display in native resolution when using the component cables. That's not what I'm asking about.

My question is that I can use my TV's stretching options to make the XMB fullscreen. Great, but for some reason I can only stretch the PSP games within a 4:3 window. I could provide pics of this if that doesn't make sense. Anyway, how would I get the PSP to let the games stretch the same way the XMB does? Any ideas?

At this point I'm perfectly willing to buy the upscaler adapters but they're impossible to find anymore. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

From what ppl have already said the only thing you can do is use an upscaler or use your TVs zoom feature.

Off topic question and I don't mean to hijack your post but how do psp games look when using a PS Vita TV console? Is it full screen or letterboxed as well?
If you believe in Jesus and are 100% proud of it put this as your sig

n00bsaib0t
3 months ago#3
Well the thing is my TVs zoom doesn't work on the games themselves, just the XMB.

PSTV fullscreens PSP games.

joelang12
3 months ago#4
I think you're stuck with the upscaler then

n00bsaib0t
3 months ago#5
And I'm fine with that, but does anyone know where to get one in 2017? All the PSP upscalers I can find on Amazon are sold out and there are none on ebay.

joelang12
3 months ago#6
I haven't seen one at Amazon in over a year or so. I wanted to get one myself but missed out. But now that I know that the pstv shows the psp games full screen, then I'm ok with not owning an upscaler

n00bsaib0t
3 months ago#7
If I were to decide to just use a second device I would use the PSP itself to backup everything and use it in an emulator on my PC. I've loved my Go for years for the same reasons the Switch is a success, one device that does everything on the go and on your TV.

Does anyone know if ANY component to HDMI upscaler would stretch the games or does it have to be specifically designed for PSP?

User Info: helldew

helldew
3 months ago#8
i dunno of any devices but i know the sony 3D monitor TV thing they released a while back also had a PSP zoom function.

i stopped caring after a certain point tho cause yeah the PSTV is much eaiser to use way less of a hassle and it upscales to 720P and a lot of game look way better on it.
Competitive smash Player , random gaming news, + game dev stuff. Follow me on twitter @helldew93 #shamelessselfpromotion

n00bsaib0t
3 months ago#9
Well the PSTV would also require another memory card (as in separate from the one I already have for my Vita), over half my Vita library is incompatible, and using my legally backed up content on it will get me banned from PSN and I have a bout $1000 worth of s*** on my account, so it's not happening. I might get one of the TVs when I have enough money that I can convince my wife we need another one, but I kinda wanted my next gaming TV purchase to be a 4k since I have my PC hooked up to the same TV my consoles are on. That's why I'm looking into upscalers.

User Info: Waluigi_FOREVER

Waluigi_FOREVER
3 months ago#10
The xrgb mini framemeister is a great upscaler, but you'll definitely pay for it. My psp doesn't have tv out but I do use it to zoom in on GBA/gbc games on the GameCube since they're also kind of letterboxed and don't fill the screen. It's a great upscaler with component inputs as well as others, but like I said, you pay for it. It's not cheap.
3ds FC: 3196-3191-7257 and In game name is Ass-Hat
KB BR pokemon for trade http://preview.tinyurl.com/nkdnytd
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. PSP Go TV out full screen stretching

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived