PS2 Network Setup Disc doesn't work on PS3

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Killzone
  3. PS2 Network Setup Disc doesn't work on PS3

User Info: Meijimasha13

Meijimasha13
5 years ago#1
THATS why you won't be able to play the PSN release of Killzone online.

User Info: AzumaNaroon

AzumaNaroon
5 years ago#2
That's pretty weird, it worked for me when I put mine in when my other BC PS3 was still working. Which PS3 do you have and which version of the disc did you use? The PS3 I did it on wast he 2nd-gen 80gb Motorstorm bundle that I purchased in Feb. 2008. I tried versions 3.0 and 4.0 of the discs and they worked. Maybe a firmware update broke the disc's compatibility?

I do know that the built-in version of the start-up utility was a different version than that of the start-up discs, so maybe you could give that one a try?
LOLFAQs, where anyone who disagrees with you is a troll.
Next purchase(s): SSX, Counter-Strike: GO

User Info: Meijimasha13

Meijimasha13
5 years ago#3
I haven't tried it yet, actually, I was informed that they wouldn't work, I have a BC 80gig model as well. I suppose I'll give it a shot later this week.
www.rebelallianceclan.com

User Info: AzumaNaroon

AzumaNaroon
5 years ago#4
Ah, dunno who told you that then, but the discs and utilities never gave me a problem on my system. Hope it works for you when you try it.
LOLFAQs, where anyone who disagrees with you is a troll.
Next purchase(s): SSX, Counter-Strike: GO
  1. Boards
  2. Killzone
  3. PS2 Network Setup Disc doesn't work on PS3

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived